Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Parameters drop-down option when annotating text in Drawing

Excel Parameters drop-down option when annotating text in Drawing

I often used linked parameters stored in an Excel spreadsheet. But to use these values when annotating text in a drawing, I have to first give my Model parameters (dimensions d34, d35, etc.) a new name of say (handle_diameter), before I can then find and use that parameter in my drawings. There is no way I can accurately identify say d34 as the handle diameter. It would be good to add a 3rd option under the Source combo box when Formatting Text, called 'Excel Parameters'. This would automatically fill the parameter combo box next to it with all the parameters in my Excel spreadsheet and prevent the requirement of renaming all my useful Model parameters into something remotely indentifiable, which becomes very tedious.

2 Comments
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report