Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing materials in shared library

Editing materials in shared library

Please return the ability to add or edit a material or colour style and save it back to a shared material library.

Thanks

Rory

4 Comments
SBix26
Mentor

I'm no fan of the Materials and Appearances as found in 2013, but you have the ability to create or modify materials and appearances and save to a shared library.  It doesn't always work, and doesn't work nearly as neatly as the previous Styles, but the functionality is there.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Solution Provided

Hello Rory,

As sbixler indicated below, the functionality to do what you requested does exist today. Please visit http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1364-Fundamen1364/1443-Materia... for more information. Select the "Manage materials and appearance libraries" sub topic. I would also strongly suggest that you assure you have SP1.1 & SP1.1 Update1 installed as there have been numerous fixes made within the materials & appearance domain.

Thanks,

Dan Szymanski

Inventor Customer Experience

Rory_M
Advocate

Sorry, should have been clearer with my original post. I'm referring to the fact that when multiple users are accesing a materials library, you are "locked out" of making changes as the file is in use and read only.

Is this now fixed with the SP1.1 update or do we still have to get everyone to come out of Inventor to add materials? I can't check as I'm currently off site.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented
In addition to the legacy solution provided for Autodesk Inventor 2013, this idea has been addressed/implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2014. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report