Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings/Hatch - Enable multipe profile selection

Drawings/Hatch - Enable multipe profile selection

When hatching in a drawing view (being in a sketch related to a view), I would like to select multiple profiles so I can apply the desired hatch at once.

This will be a behaviour similar with AutoCAD's functionality.

Current behaviour (up to version 2014) is that you have to select a profile at a time. More so, the settings you choose are forgotten, so you have to apply the settings again.

This is very time consuming on screenings or similar type of objects.

Thank you for supporting this!

11 Comments
Vitalla
Contributor

I would like to see Inventors hatch in drawing sketches to act like AutoCADs in that I can select multiple outlines for the same pattern before applying the hatch.

Instead of selecting an outline and then selecting a pattern then applying for every outline on screen.

timdown73
Collaborator

Hello,  I'm not sure I understand...  Aren't your part materials set up to hatch the way you want?  

Vitalla
Contributor

I have a tubesheet full of holes. Certain holes in the pattern are grooved differently than the others.

So I have 300 holes with groove A and 4000 with groove B.

To designate which holes get the different grooving I use a hatch pattern/fill to identify. There is no part file there to associate with a material.

aasiu
Advocate

This is an absolute must have.

Please implement this, it's going to be so useful.

aasiu
Advocate

Sorry, the above post was supposed to publish for another idea.

s.wile
Advocate

Any progress on this idea? I build many title blocks and constantly have to fill in letters of words or broken up logos. At a minimum Hatch  should remember the settings from the last profile. Instead its pick a profile, switch to solid, select the color, ok, ok and repeat.

Here is an example from today... Yep this took a while.

Fill Logo.png

asiu
Advocate

Being able to hatch multiple areas at the same time is very time consuming.

I am bringing this up again, the original post got 38 votes in two years. If you are interested, please cast your vote to the original idea:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/drawings-hatch-enable-multipe-profile-selection/idi-p/...

Thank you.

Tags (2)
julian_sol
Contributor

The hatch pattern function should be more simular with Autocad as said in your earlier post. I totally agree with your idea.

MattWinyard
Explorer

I've just googled the ability to hatch multiple profiles on an inventor drawing as I'm currently shading some sections of a plate to illustrate which sections are to be laser etched by a supplier. This is becoming tedious! An absolute must feature for Inventor.

kmiller
Collaborator

This has been added to Inventor Professional 2018.2 release as long as closed loops are in the same sketch. 

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2018.2. Multiple closed profiles can now be selected (via ctrl +, or window selection methods) when applying a Hatch Region. Special thanks to @asiu & everyone who cast a vote for it.

See here for more info: What's New 2018.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea