Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
57 Kudos
CelticDesignServices

Drawings - Allow Multiple View Alignment

by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-08-2013 10:45 AM

Currently (Inventor 2013), if I select a view to align to another view, I can only align it to one view, either Horizontally or Vertically, but what if I want to align that view to one Horizontally and then to another Vertically?

You can't do that for some strange reason still.

I'm not talking about Protjecting views, every now and then I need to create a drawing of different models on the same sheet and would like to have the views all lined up with one another. That's not possible yet for some odd reason.

This should be pretty easy to add. Am I missing something?

Accepted idea [US17075 & US17076]. Thanks!

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-08-2013 03:44 PM

While we're on the subject, how about having the alignment for detail views be based on the center of the detail viewport, rather than the relative positions of the two detail viewports in relation to the center of the base view?

by Active Contributor ic198 on ‎04-08-2013 06:36 PM
by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-11-2013 11:29 PM

... and maybe it could also be nice to have some insight as to what alignment information may already exist?

what i mean is, for a drawing that has already has views aligned, instead of having to to drag every view around to see what is aligned and what isn't, we could potentially have a function like :

"right click" on view / "show me any alignment in this view" / "show me any alignment in all views" choices. this could show a highlighted dashed line from one view to another. even having the opportunity to kill any of these current alignments at the time by clicking a "marker" that could be shown on each dashed line.

just ideas.

by Employee on ‎04-22-2013 04:24 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Employee ‎05-28-2013 09:12 AM - edited ‎05-28-2013 10:46 AM
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US17075 & US17076]. Thanks!

by Contributor ali on ‎06-04-2014 04:00 PM

And could be nice if somebody from Autodesk comes with an answer!

by EvanStudio on ‎08-15-2014 11:13 AM

As a Revit & Inventor user, this is a feature sorely missed in Inventor.  After I hit post I'll be checking to see if "nudge" has been posted to the ideastation as well.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube