Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple sheet - thumbnail panel

multiple sheet - thumbnail panel

Many times when a project consists of several sheets and need to refer from one to the other would be easier if there is an option for simultaneous viewing all sheets.multi sheet.jpg

34 Comments
rkeller
Enthusiast

It would be very helpful if the Model browser would show a small window fly-out with a view of the current page if you are working in a drawing or the part if in an assembly

The attached graphic '11-2-2012 10-41-48 AM.png" show how it could look within a multi-page drawing

"11-2-2012 10-57-47 AM.png" and "11-2-2012 10-58-49 AM.png" shows that it is already beeing done in Inventor down in the lower left corner so it shouldn't be a huge programming issue to make it work on the Browser Bar

Tags (4)
timdown73
Collaborator

very good idea!

tammieannie
Community Visitor

This would be a planning area where you could view and create a pack of drawing sheets simultaneously.

Here you would overcome the issue of working on a series of drawings without being able to see the rest of the sheets in the same workspace.

Your overview could be structured in ribbon or tree format – to suit each project. 

In your new space you could zoom at will, reorder sheets, and by activating two or more of the pages, drag or copy groups or individual views, notations and sketches between them to arrange them efficiently. As each page is complete you would lock the sheet (fading it out) to make progress in a pack of drawings more visually accessible.

steven.lindley
Explorer

When creating a drawing of a complicated assembly, I often use multiple sheets to show different views as well as a BOM. I balloon the parts and I like to check that I've labelled every part somewhere in the drawing. It's easy to look at the one's I've already ballooned and check of the numbers in turn, but say I get to item 20 and I can't find the balloon anywhere, I need to look back at the BOM, which may be on a different sheet, to see the description, in order to know where to look for it. Having to double click between sheets is a pain, when it would be nice to have the option to tile the sheets.

There is already an option in the view ribbon to tile all the files you have open (assemblies, parts, drawings, etc), but I'd like to tile just the sheets within one drawing file. Is this possible?

Tags (3)
cbenner
Mentor

Or at least a group of sheets.  I have drawings consisting of too many sheets to view all at once,... but two or three ata time would be ok.

kpapjim
Explorer

cbenner thanks for comment and and I thought of this solution with the ability to select

multi sheet 01.jpg

or this

multi sheet 02.jpg

rjpenn
Explorer

In the Inventor drawing browser, it would be awesome to have a sheet thumbnail view. When dealing with a large multi-sheet set, it would be more efficient to see a preview of the sheet.

Also, it would be neat to link the sheet name to iProperties of the model, that way when the first view is placed an iProperty such as description or part number could automatically populate the sheet name in the browser.

capture.jpg

Thanks,

RJ

Tags (3)
rjpenn
Explorer

Just an amendment to my original post... I forgot to put another screen shot. Adobe Acrobat Reader already uses this type of page thumbnail view. This is the  basis for my idea.

Capture from acrobat.JPG

Thanks,

RJ

karthur1
Mentor

I rarely have more than three sheeets, so I just rename my sheets to something logical. A thumbnail would be nice.  They would have to change the ipropertes so that it is based on each sheet and not the overall dwg\idw file.

That scares me to death to have that many sheets in one drawing.  That must be a huge drawing file.Smiley Happy

Kirk

francis.verbeeck
Advocate

NICE IDEA

DRoam
Mentor

This would be fantastic.

francis.verbeeck
Advocate

Imagin that Inventor woud work properly with multiple screens than this would be a real productin enhancement!

Francis

weavty1
Enthusiast

This would be phenomenal!

Excellent work with the idea!

DRoam
Mentor

Another helpful functionality would be if we could have multiple Inventor windows open, which can be viewed side by side on the same monitor or even on different monitors.

That way we could view sheets side by side within the same drawing (by having multiple instances open), or even between two different drawings.

There's a request for that functionality (multiple Inventor windows) here: Inventor IdeaStation - Multiple Windows per Session

Please give kudos if you think multiple windows would be useful. Thanks!

Arbitr
Explorer

It is useful for me too. Nice.

stephenson513
Advocate

Please could someone make this possible!!! Solidworks has it..........Smiley Surprised

SMGordon
Advocate

I can imagine this being a major load on CPU since it would have to draw a lot of views (luckily this is one aspect Inventor can utilize multiple cores for).

Might have to limit the number of sheets viewable at once or have it just a snapshot preview or in raster for the multiview. I really like the idea though.

cpinkard2
Community Visitor

I would like to be able to open sheets in tabs across the bottom. Similar to what Pro/E does.

steinar.sorem
Advocate

This would be fantastic! And a big time saver as well 🙂

NachitoMax
Advisor

Hi

In many cases where we have 100 plus sheets in a drawing file, it takes a long time to click through the sheets in order to find what we are looking for. AutoCAD has a nice popup browser that allows you to preview the sheets and click which one you want. Upon selection, that particular sheet is then activated.

Could it be a possibility that something similar could be implemented in Inventor? A preview when the mouse is hovered over the browser node would suffice?

Thanks

Nacho

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report