Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard expanded capability

Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard expanded capability

I would like to see the functionality of the Drawing resource Transfer Wizard expanded.  Right now you can use this program to transfer only your new title block and sketch symbols to and old drawing. 

This should be expanded to not only idw/dwg file but to ipt, iam, and even ipt files.  Also, user should be given the ability to transfer custom iproperties, ilogic rules, ilogic forms, and event triggers to old drawings. 

It is way too cumbersome now to manually copy each rule one at a time, and form, not to mention the iproperties to each individual old drawing to add the new functionality to it. 

4 Comments
jletcher
Advisor

Most of what you want can be done with design assistant iproperties can be copied to multiple files at a click of the button.

I agree with the ilogic rules I make most external so an old file can be updated by just adding it.. And make forms Global.

In the ilogic rule you just have to have the rule look for a parameter and if it is not there add it.

ThomasSwanson
Advocate

The design assistant iproperties works to copy an existing file to a new file, not to a pre-existing file.

Global forms could work if you didn't have users using laptops and working from home.  Its alread a big enough nightmare to remember to keep their local templates, content center and style library up to date with what is on the server.

jletcher
Advisor

Not true Thomas Design Assistant will copy iproperties to any file new or old do it all the time. Yesterday I did it to about 1000 files made in 2008.

As far as your work from home this idea will not help your issue if I was you I would look at the cloud for your lap top issues. This way the have access no matter where they are in the world.

ThomasSwanson
Advocate

Sorry, I was thinking about the iLogic Design Copy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report