Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Sheet Size as a set of dimensions if it's not standard

Display Sheet Size as a set of dimensions if it's not standard

We've got a plotter that prints paper off of a roll of paper.  As such, I can make sheets that are whatever length x whatever the width of the sheet is.  Some times, I want to print a sheet that is a couple of feet longer than a size D, so I just use the custom size sheet.  The problem is that the sheet property only lists standard letters and the full text of "custom sheet size".  This is nonsense, if it's not a standard sheet size, it should list the dimensions.

Custom Size.PNG

The space should easily be able to fit things like "22 x 44" in that slot, but it won't actually reference it properly.

I need this sort of thing when I'm running off full length 1:1 scale prints of helicopters shafts which have a lot of weird curves in small spaces scattered around the entire length of the shaft.  Now the only way that you can tell my 1:1 hasn't been scaled by the printer is if you whip out a ruler.

4 Comments
Josh_Hunt
Advocate

This is a great idea but lets make it better. Store "Page Sizes" under "Drawing Resources"

InventorDWG-PageSizes.png

When legacy DWGs/IDWs are migrated they have the default set of page sizes (A-F, A0-A4, etc.)

You can delete the default pages that you don't want to use.

Everything would react and look the same. However when you add a new page size you specify

• mm or inches (or maybe other length units?)
  • Name (the size displayed on the Title Block Property)
  • Height
  • Width

Am I missing something?

kevinb
Advocate

I'm happy with that.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report