Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any iProperty in browser

Any iProperty in browser

Hi All,

Ive been looking for a way of showing the parts description in the browser instead of the part number/file name. This would make a good addition to any new releases,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

36 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support
Jhunt, I am updating this Idea as a duplicate of http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Any-iProperty-in-browser/idi-p/4833615 and accepting the other as the Master (due to the current kudo count). Despite the fact this Idea was authored first (in 11-7-2012). I see you have also replied to it with comments. I hope you are cool with that & understand. Thanks -Dan
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [419]. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same wish: We use dumb partnumber (which is also the filename) without any information in it. Therefore we would like seeing also the description (i.e. a certain iProperty field) in the Browser (besite the filename). 

Many thanks in advance.

Wim

karod
Contributor

dan.szymanski 

Any idea when this will be implimented?  I could really use it now.

Thanks for making this happen,

David

Tilman.K
Explorer

We are very interested in this function and hope to find it soon 🙂

Regards

Tilman

nwrensch
Contributor

I am also 100% for a width mate, I used it continuosly in solidworks, but sadly I am not using Solid works right now. I am getting used to Inventor, but I realy miss the width mate.

BjornAndersson
Contributor

When using the "Rename Browser Nodes" the options are very limited.

A nice way to keep order and organize files is to name files with part numbers. Since the two options for browser nodes are filename and part number, there is actually only one option for many users.

A suggestion is to have the standard iProperties as an option for browser nodes, and also to combine these using like regular expressions or something like that.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Tags (2)
DRoam
Mentor

It would also be nice if the browser nodes stayed synced to what we set them to. For example, if we set them to Part Number, and the Part Number changed, the Browser node would change as well.

xzenter
Contributor

Often the part number and file name are the same and to find in the browser the right part is very difficult if the details are very much.

DRoam
Mentor

@dan_szymanski

Duplicates:

Also, this thread is very hard to follow with all of the misplaced comments regarding a width/symmetrical mate. Can those be deleted or moved to the right place?

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Thanks @DRoam, they have been moved & the votes merged into the Master Idea. As far as deleting comments, I typically shy away from this action. Deleting comments in a forum can be sensitive business, especially ones that were authored for constructive purposes. Thanks!

DRoam
Mentor

I understand. Thanks!

bindlmi
Enthusiast

Hello,

it would be nice, if i can use my user defined iproperties to overwrite the browser nodes in my assembly. For example, I have an iProperty called "ARTICELNUMBER" = 123456789 and another one called "NAME" = "Plate1" - the new Browsernode could be "123456789 - Plate1" (all my choosen iproperties seperated by " - ")

We got some iProperties, that we like to see at browser tree. Actually we got a marcro that renames the browser nodes, but it would be easier to trigger an inventor command 🙂

Best regards

Michael

Tags (3)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

dg2405
Advocate

How is the status of this idea? When will Autodesk implement this to inventor? This is a confusing thing since i work with this program!

@dan_szymanski: I want to ask about the status of this feature. The initial idea is there already from 2014 and it would be a highly appreciated function!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report