Did you mean: 

detail view : Full detail Boundary by defaut

detail view : Full detail Boundary by defaut

Able to adjust Display Full Detail Boundary by defaut

2013-01-18_115419.png

18 Comments
MattH_Work
Collaborator

I think that the dialog should just remember the previous settings. I set it to suit me, you set it to suit you.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Comments Requested
Hello, Simply to confirm, what you are looking for is the ability to control the cutout shape and boundary type for all detail views within your View Style? Not to change the current default behavior to something different. Correct?
fsanchou
Advocate

There are several things I would like to see improved:

1)       Able to set in the dwg template the option that I want in.
Each time I make a new detail view must select "Smooth" and "Display Full Detail Boundary."

Could you add an option to set this in document setting ? :

1.png

Or in View styles ?:

2.png

2)      Able to directely select connection line. Currently if it is not selected when creating the view you have to click 3 times on options to have the connection line.

3.png

Best regards,

mslosar
Advisor

Furthering this...

The ability to create custom shapes like ovals, or general fenced areas would be huge.

The ability to take, for a example, a rectangular detail box and rotate it 35 degrees and adjust it's shape from there to cover the part being detailed without having to go over more of the drawing than necessary.

I know you're not Revit, but in Revit, you can create a detail simply by drawing the shape of the area you want to detail and as long as it's a closed shape - it will create the appropriate detail.

Perhaps the choices should be:

- Circle/Oval. By default it creates an oval, but if you hold CTRL or something it'll make a perfect circle

(Photoshop handles circles/ovals this way).

-Box, drag out a box. Have the ability to rotate the box to whatever angle you wish. This allows the box to be custom or a diamond or whatever.

-Custom. Allow the user to draw a closed shape for their detail fence shape. You can already do this (more or less) using crop. If you can use those tools on the detail after it's created, why not when creating the detail fence?

-Should also have a button to change detail for box to circle, etc, without having to delete the existing detail and starting over.

And, finally, as the OP states - the ability to make your choices defaults for future use.

fsanchou
Advocate

Hello,

Is it possible to use a similar interface to AutoCAD.
When a detail view is select the ribbon displays useful function:

Vue de détail.png

Thanks,

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US-135210]. Thanks!

r.rice
Community Visitor

@mslosar Solidworks has the functionality you describe. On a Plan View for example you can sketch any shape you want and use it as a detail boundary. So cranked/rotated rectangles, oval, splines and jagged edged boxes, It's very useful. That being said I still think Inventor is the better product however this feature would be a very good addition.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

Many thanks for posting the idea, and tracked as [INVGEN-14782].

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2023.2. Please review the Inventor 2023.2 What's New article here, for more information regarding how Detail View settings are now remembered in Drawings. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Dylan-White-Con-form
Participant

Hi @dan_szymanski 

I'm running 2023.3 and this new functionality in not working for me. Is there a further step I need to do? When creating a detail view, the settings for smooth cutout shape and display full detail boundary are never remembered? 

It would be great if this was a styles option. Screenshot 2023-06-15 092328.png

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@Dylan-White-Con-form the default cut edges type is defined in the drawing style, and not remembered as last time used in the detail view dialog. If you use the smooth cutout shape as default cut edges type, the display full detail boundary will be remembered. Please have a try, and thanks!

Cortado-Concepts
Observer

@Yijiang.Cai 
Thanks so much for getting back to me! Where exactly in the styles editor is this defined? 

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@Cortado-Concepts please see the attached image.

YijiangCai_0-1692109610181.png

Dylan-White-Con-form
Participant

Awesome, Thank you! 

P.S. would it make more sense for these settings to be under the View Annotation Tab for details? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report