Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
99 Kudos
anders.hagen

Delete All Sick Constraints Option

by anders.hagen on ‎11-04-2012 01:47 AM - last edited on ‎11-05-2012 01:01 PM by Employee

Possibility to delete all destroyed constrains in one go

Go to Constrain Doctor. Mark all red crosses and delete all...

regard

anders hagen

Idea accepted as [US14236]. Thanks!
Comments
by *Pro on ‎11-09-2012 05:32 AM

This can be done already.

When you have constraints that are sick as you say all you have to do is switch to Modeling view then you have a folder with all the contraints look for the sick ones select them and delete.

by Contributor MDS-MQ on ‎11-15-2012 09:20 AM

Or you could just fix the constraints and get it over with...

by *Expert Elite* on ‎01-23-2013 01:27 PM

You can follow this link to find a quick iLogic snippet to do this:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2013/01/ilogic-delete-all-sick-assembly.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

by Employee on ‎01-25-2013 09:30 AM
Status changed to: Solution Provided

by *Expert Elite* on ‎01-28-2013 09:36 AM

Hi  smithar, 

I see you marked this Idea as "Solution Provided". I hope this is not in response to the iLogic snippet I posted.

I would consider the iLogic snippet a good work around, but the original suggestion to allow the user to do this with an out of the box option would be a solution.

Please reconsider the "Solution Provided" status for this one, and in the future I'd suggest that iLogic snippets and 3rd party add-ins not be considered true solutions for user suggestions to developers about improving the application. 

If I'm missing something, and some other solution has been provided, please accept my apology in advance.

Thanks,

Curtis

by Employee ‎01-28-2013 12:25 PM - edited ‎01-28-2013 12:29 PM

Curtis, the other solution of using modeling view is just as valid and "out of the box". That was one of the original reasons we did the Constraints folder, so you could see them all and act upon them.

having said that I do think this "solution provided" is OK but I have also taken what I think the original poster wanted, Multiple Selection in the design doctor and being able to apply the Delete Treatment to them all in one fell swoop as a project for future consideration.

[US14236]

by *Expert Elite* on ‎01-28-2013 01:21 PM

Hi steven.dennis,

I think the problem with the Modeling View suggestion, is the user needs to know about it before hand, so it is not very discoverable. Of course, I anticipate changes with these sick "relationshops" in the future so it will be more discoverable, but I think the request for options in the original sick constraint dialog box is indeed worth consideration. 

Thanks for having a look,
Curtis

by anders.hagen on ‎01-30-2013 11:04 PM

Hi Steven.Dennis

Thanks for looking into this one ‎at 01-28-2013 12:25 PM .

:smileyvery-happy:You got the ide.

by Employee on ‎04-03-2013 12:34 PM
Status changed to: Accepted
Idea accepted as [US14236]. Thanks!
by dberman on ‎10-04-2013 12:07 PM

On a similar, but different note, I'd like to not get the Broken Constraint warning every time I fix one of them.

Exp:  I replace a component with a different component, so 10-15 constraints lose 1 of their 2 references.  The fix is easy, just edit the constraint and click the geometry to heal the constraint.  But then I get a warning about the remaining 14 brokens ones.  Wash, rinse, repeat 14 times.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube