Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete All Sick Constraints Option

Delete All Sick Constraints Option

Possibility to delete all destroyed constrains in one go

Go to Constrain Doctor. Mark all red crosses and delete all...

regard

anders hagen

11 Comments
jletcher
Advisor

This can be done already.

When you have constraints that are sick as you say all you have to do is switch to Modeling view then you have a folder with all the contraints look for the sick ones select them and delete.

MDS-MQ
Advocate

Or you could just fix the constraints and get it over with...

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

You can follow this link to find a quick iLogic snippet to do this:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2013/01/ilogic-delete-all-sick-assembly.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

smithar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Solution Provided

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

Hi  smithar, 

I see you marked this Idea as "Solution Provided". I hope this is not in response to the iLogic snippet I posted.

I would consider the iLogic snippet a good work around, but the original suggestion to allow the user to do this with an out of the box option would be a solution.

Please reconsider the "Solution Provided" status for this one, and in the future I'd suggest that iLogic snippets and 3rd party add-ins not be considered true solutions for user suggestions to developers about improving the application. 

If I'm missing something, and some other solution has been provided, please accept my apology in advance.

Thanks,

Curtis

SteveMDennis
Autodesk

Curtis, the other solution of using modeling view is just as valid and "out of the box". That was one of the original reasons we did the Constraints folder, so you could see them all and act upon them.

having said that I do think this "solution provided" is OK but I have also taken what I think the original poster wanted, Multiple Selection in the design doctor and being able to apply the Delete Treatment to them all in one fell swoop as a project for future consideration.

[US14236]

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

Hi steven.dennis,

I think the problem with the Modeling View suggestion, is the user needs to know about it before hand, so it is not very discoverable. Of course, I anticipate changes with these sick "relationshops" in the future so it will be more discoverable, but I think the request for options in the original sick constraint dialog box is indeed worth consideration. 

Thanks for having a look,
Curtis

anders.hagen
Participant

Hi Steven.Dennis

Thanks for looking into this one ‎at 01-28-2013 12:25 PM .

Smiley Very HappyYou got the ide.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Idea accepted as [US14236]. Thanks!
dberman
Explorer

On a similar, but different note, I'd like to not get the Broken Constraint warning every time I fix one of them.

Exp:  I replace a component with a different component, so 10-15 constraints lose 1 of their 2 references.  The fix is easy, just edit the constraint and click the geometry to heal the constraint.  But then I get a warning about the remaining 14 brokens ones.  Wash, rinse, repeat 14 times.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.  You now can select multiple sick constraints within the Design Doctor and delete or suppress them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report