Did you mean: 

Add hole type counterbored+countersunk

Add hole type counterbored+countersunk

Self explaining

Immagine.jpg

31 Comments
kstate92
Collaborator

Add functionality for the user to add a second (possibly an endless number as dictated by the user) counter-drilled hole while in the hole dialog.  This would be different than the spotface and counterbore options as the counter-drilled hole has the same (well, almost always, IMHO) drill point angle as the main hole.  This would save quite a bit of time as opposed to having to 'drill' a second hole right after you've placed the first (provided the hole notes were also smartened-up to recognize both holes).

Tags (3)
johnstda
Enthusiast

There's a fifth type of hole which is sometimes used in woodwork. It's a countersunk-bored hole. You simply use the coutersink bit to bored down into the wood after coutersinking the hole. It's used when hiding screw heads with wooden plugs. It's similar to a counter-bored hole feature except that instead of a flat bottom for the boring, it's an angled bottom, the same angle as countersinking.

Tags (5)
dvsmiller9
Advocate

We also use a double counterbore. Same idea, just replace the csink with a cbore. The extra cbore at the top is a larger diameter than he the lower cbore.  Currently we have to add a flat bottom hole or simple circular extrusion to simulate the extra larger cbore at the top. Doesn't work well with holenotes.

Davarn-Tool&Die
Advocate

With the tool and die industry, we could use a counter sink with additional depth as well.  Not only for flat head screws in things but for clearance holes, where the angle provides extra strength.

PUN-WINDOW.JPG

this has to be drawn with 2 operations.

KarelC
Enthusiast

It would be nice to have it. A long time I miss this hole type.

Arbitr
Explorer

That is super. I agree one hundred percent. Smiley Very Happy

cody_evjen
Enthusiast

Add Counter-drill hole option to Hole Command

DRoam
Mentor

Do you mean counter-sink? You can already do a counter-sunk hole. You can also control the drill point angle.

Are you talking about something else?

cody_evjen
Enthusiast

No, I mean a counterdrill to a countersink. Very familar with what counter-sunk hole is and how to change its attributes in Inventor.

IMG_20160420_140533.jpg

DRoam
Mentor

Fortunately, that functionality has already been requested and has a lot of support. Cast your vote for the original idea to avoid splitting votes: Add hole type counterbored+countersunk.

Roman_G83
Explorer

Please in connection with the Screw  i select (DIN, ISO etc.) and with the option to select

"the top of the screw on the same level as the surface"

or  

how far deeper it should be placed 

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [4011]. Thanks!

mcgyvr
Consultant

@kstate92 Please confirm that you are talking about something like the attached image..

I would call this a recessed countersink..

I think this image may help with the vote count too so your request is very clear as to what you mean..

recessedcsink.PNG

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

KEJay74
Enthusiast

In conjunction with the counter drill, please provide option for threading (at smaller size) below.  In effect, as the current counter bored holes may be threaded, the counter drilled holes require the same functions.

Thanks!

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant
Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant
cody_evjen
Enthusiast

Curtis, If you're going to dog-pile on at least read the whole thread. This has already been pointed out and your not providing any benefit to anyone.

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

@cody_evjen 

thanks for setting me straight I'll try to do better next time Smiley Happy

(p.s. sometimes there is a bit more going on behind the scenes with these threads than shows outwardly... ultimately the goal is to keep an organized Idea forum and combine duplicates when appropriate, and there are many folks that work to try and make that happen as duplicates and related threads are noticed. In this case there were 2 separate threads that I linked to, but they have been combined into just this one.)

DRoam
Mentor

Ouch.... may want to double-check yourself there, @cody_evjen. Nowhere in this thread had the idea Curtis linked to been mentioned before he commented it himself. Thanks to his comment, the moderators just merged the duplicate into this one (bringing the kudos with it).

So his comment actually benefited everyone who cares about this idea...

Who did your comment benefit?

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report