Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Plates and Bar Stock

Content Center Plates and Bar Stock

One of the main reasons I use the Content Center is that it dynamically tracks the size of various structural members.  So if I go back and make a piece of structural tube 6" longer, I don't have to go back and modify the part number to list it as longer, it just tracks it.  I'd like to see the same functionality on pieces of plate.  I know that plate isn't exactly standard size (unless you get sheets), but it would enhance my work flow considerbly if I didn't have to go back and change the part number from PL 1/2" x 6" x 8" to PL 1/2" x 6" x 6" everytime I make a tweak.

It doesn't have to be super duper accurate, but something that would generate a rectangular plate and just list it as PL t x w x l that I could cut shapes out of would be nice since I don't have to worry as much about forgetting that I went and added half an inch and now I have a pile of plate that I can't use sitting on the shop floor.  The same can be said for bar stock, the Content Center currently only does Flat Bar and Square Bar, Rectangular Bar is something useful as well.

Bonus points provided for the following:

Round Plate: check box/switch in the content center generator that switches it to a PL t x OD (x ID) with symbols would be good.

PL cut optimizer:  A widget that looks at the shape of plate and crams the shapes into as small of a rectangle as possible with minimum wasted material that we can set a cutting tool width on.

1 Comment
cvbt-thailand
Advocate

I like the flat plate idea.  I rectangular bar stock is in the content center.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report