Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
13 Kudos
jamjumpin

Constraint Numbers

by Valued Contributor jamjumpin on ‎02-04-2013 09:10 AM

Quite often when I’m editing an existing mate, I don’t know which is selected face1 and which is selected face 2. If I am resolving something through design doctor it is particularly important to know this. I know they are different colours but they are not different enough for it to be obvious which is which. 

I just thought that there could be a number 1 and 2 near the direction arrows to make it obvious.

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2014. Enhancements were made to the Free Move command within assemblies.
Comments
by Employee on ‎02-07-2013 03:32 PM
Status changed to: Comments Requested
Hello jamjumpin, So it's not really Constraint Numbers per se, but better feedback from Inventor insofar as what geometry on which component is being referenced for each element of the Constraint? Is that correct? Thank you, Bryan Kelley Sr. Software QA Engineer DLS – Mechanical Design
by Valued Contributor jamjumpin on ‎02-07-2013 04:01 PM

That's correct. But it makes sense from a UI point of view that there would be numbers to do this.

In the constraint dialogue box is asks you to select 1 and then select 2.

The yellow and dark yellow that I currently have are no use for telling the difference between the two.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎02-07-2013 04:16 PM

If you change to the High Contrast color scheme is goes to green for #1, yellow for #2. 

by Employee on ‎04-03-2013 12:30 PM
Status changed to: Implemented
This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2014. Enhancements were made to the Free Move command within assemblies.
by Valued Contributor jamjumpin on ‎04-03-2013 12:52 PM

Thanks, I will review this when we get our copy, but from what I've read about the free move tool, it's nothing like what I was asking for. 

by Valued Contributor jamjumpin on ‎01-08-2014 07:50 AM

We have Inventor 2014 and there is no way this has been implemented. It's just as difficult to know what's goign on as before. 

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube