Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COG on drawing file is same as the COG icon of the part modeling.

COG on drawing file is same as the COG icon of the part modeling.

Currently if an user defines COG on drawing file then it's just center mark.

User would like it to be same as COG icon of the part modeling.

COGonDWG.png

9 Comments
kim.schroeder
Enthusiast

-

Great idea. This could not be a difficult feature to implement.

-

jtylerbc
Mentor

I definitely agree with this change.  We already make it look like this by snapping a symbol to the center mark provided by Inventor at the CG.  It would save us that extra step if we could just have it look like the common symbol for center of gravity in the first place.

jyager
Collaborator

This is just one of those mind boggling issues. The tool shows a center of gravity symbol. The symbol inserted in the drawing is a crosshair/plus. Who designed that, and how is it not fixed by now? That should have been something immediately picked up in the following release.

jtylerbc
Mentor

It's a center mark, just like you would get from adding a center mark to a circle or arc.  My guess would be that when they implemented the center of gravity in drawing views, they took a shortcut and used something that was already there (center marks) to display it. 

jyager
Collaborator

Yeah, I was brain farting....either way it's pretty lazy. Same thing with spell check. I frequently have a ton of notes on my drawings...I should not need an add-on to do a spell check. The project engineers here are baffled we paid for software that can't even spellcheck.

DaveB61
Enthusiast

Great idea, seems like a no brainer!

ajyoung
Enthusiast

Yes, good idea. This would be better than placing our 'user defined symbol' representing exactly what you desire.

bjorn.verheijden
Contributor

Strange thing is that the symbol is already used for hole tables "zeroing point" on drawings. Should be easy to copy that for CoG use as well

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Many thanks for you posting this idea, and tracked as [INVGEN-59169].

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report