Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check In All Option (Vault)

Check In All Option (Vault)

Not sure if this should be on the Vault site or here. Since this is an option that only affects Inventor I chose to place it here.

Many times I have 20+ drawings that need to be checked in. I can open all 20 at once but then have to check them in one at a time. It would be nice to have a Check In All button much like the Save All button.

8 Comments
n.schotten
Advocate

I am having somewhat scimilar issues with checking in. I often have an ASM or an IDW of an ASM open as well as several part-IDW files.

When i close a part IDW i want to check it in and delete it from my WF. This fails because the part is still open/used in de (IDW-)ASM that is also open. So i end up just checking in and having a WF with a bunch of IDW's. Manually deleting these is scarry as i need to be sure it was checked in. so i compare the vault with explorer to see i i may delete the file.

Can't we just get the abillity to check-in the allowable files (the IDW and maybe some parts/asm's that are not open elsewere) and let the open files be?

Closing down an IDW/ASM to be able to check in part-IDW's also leaves a bunch of files behind in the WF.

The option to check-in &  delete all open files is also great as it might just get all open files to be synced to the same file version. Making vault purges a lot easier.

ChelseaK_D3
Enthusiast

Love this idea! It would be great too to be able to input one comment that would need to go on these many files. Saving a ton of time from having to make sure you did check in everything and copy and paste the comments. 

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

Sorry for the delay in reply. With the option - Include Related files in the Check-in dialog now you can include all the related IDW/DWG files. Does that solve the issue?

ChkInRelFiles.png

n.schotten
Advocate

Hi.

For me and the workflow described above, this does not help.

Nor does it help the original poster as this would not save-close-checkin all open files.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

Got it. Thanks for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report