Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
27 Kudos
MattH_Work

Browser Folders in Part Environment

by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎02-14-2013 06:15 AM

Whilst I appreciate that we cannot move features up & down the browser without changing the Part (we are free to move components up & down in the Assembly, therefore browser folder 'restructurng' has no impact), it would be nice to have a second browser (ala the Vault browser) where we can sort, reorder, add to folders, the content of a file (group all extrusions, revolves, sketches etc)

Even if this was just a visual  display of the 'sorted' feature tree with no editing capability (maybe a right click option to 'Goto Feature' in main browser for editing) it would make it easier for finding, renaming etc

Accepted idea [US24735]. Thanks!

Comments
by Active Contributor ic198 on ‎02-19-2013 01:53 PM

At the top of the part browser tree there are folders automatically created for Solid Bodies and Surface Bodies. Two more automatic folders for Construction Geometry (planes, points axis etc.) and Sketches would be very useful

by catot on ‎03-02-2013 05:25 AM

I also think more automatic folders for Sketches, Work Planes, and Work Axis would be very useful.

by Employee on ‎03-19-2013 12:58 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

by TylerKrause on ‎10-17-2013 09:51 AM

I would like to have the ability to create custom folders in the .ipt browser exactly like you can in an assembly.  For example, if I have a bunch of work points I should be able to highlight the points, right click and selece "Add to Folder".  Just like in an assmbly.

3.PNG

by Product Support on ‎10-24-2013 07:36 PM

I have this request from one of our Enterprise priority support customers wanting to have the option to create folders in part browsersto group features.

by Employee ‎07-21-2014 07:06 AM - edited ‎07-21-2014 07:11 AM
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US24735]. Thanks!

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube