Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM level for iAssembly

BOM level for iAssembly

The option to activate (all) levels for iAssembly BOM is disabled. Instead of using workarounds (insert the iAssembly into a normal Assembly) it would be very helpfull to have the level option available.

Is there a reason why this option is disabled? Could the activated levels cause any problems?

10 Comments
lkrenzler
Collaborator

Wow, just ran into this one.  So rediculous!  Inventor is so full of this kind of nonsense.  You can do something here but not there sort of thing.  No reason for it.  Please fix this!

Baishihu
Advocate

@Rproehl wrote:

The option to activate (all) levels for iAssembly BOM is disabled. Instead of using workarounds (insert the iAssembly into a normal Assembly) it would be very helpfull to have the level option available.

Is there a reason why this option is disabled? Could the activated levels cause any problems?

I completely agree. I am often frustrated when I use Inventor.

julian.chica
Contributor

So, Isn´t there a solution?  I've been searching with no success.  It must be something to do.

julian.chica
Contributor
Baishihu
Advocate

Thank you,

I don't think our company will buy the app.

Regards,

Baishihu

julian.chica
Contributor

I still have it on the trial version.  I wish Autodesk guys put this functionality in next year release. Not the publish feature but the All Levels structured BOM at least.   

By the other hand 89 US costs the license of this app, I think it worths it.

The good thing is there is a solution, not the ideal one but at least there is one.  It helps me for some iAssemblies I am working with.

Best Regards,

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

soctavio
Advocate

Two and a half years ago I placed an iAssembly in an Assembly to be able to access all levels of a BOM.

At the time it was ridiculous that I had to do this.

Today it is lame that I have to do it, again!

Frustrating!!!!!

ProKAD
Enthusiast

Typical of Inventor, almost there but not quite, probably designed by a bunch of super intelligent autistic beings, with no common sense. I mean I would have thought the whole purpose of I-assemblies is for variants within a product, but the fact it cannot show all level BOMs, decals, doesn't maintain parts list units when the item is zero (becomes unit-less) and therefore throwing up an error,  etc. etc. renders the whole thing futile. Let your designers out more, so that they interact with others and learn what's important to other CAD designers. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report