Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Context Menu for Vault functions

BOM Context Menu for Vault functions

In an Inventor assembly Bill of Materials dialog, we have a very limited right click context menu.

It would be extremely useful to have the Vault suite of commands available, so you could right click a component in the BOM and Check out/in for example.

Currently there is no easy way to simply select a part, find it in the browser and check it out when you're working in the BOM table.

7 Comments
ChrisAtherton
Advocate

I'd back this one ... also the ability to update Vault properties from the BOM as well

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US-176307]. Thanks!

Neil_Cross
Mentor

Blimey, nearly 4 years down the line with only 3 votes, how did you find this one!? 

PualQuek
Autodesk

Hi Neil,

Just a question within the BOM table, what is your expectation of checking out an Assembly compared to a Part file? My assumption to your request;

• Behaves no different from existing Vault checking out/in of an Assembly file (i.e. if checking out an assembly file from the BOM, it will also highlight the option to check out its child/reference files)
  • Behaves no different from existing Vault checking out/in of an iAssembly compared to a iPart file

In your opinion, would those assumptions be valid?

Regards,

Paul

Experience Designer

Neil_Cross
Mentor

Awesome.  Sorry @PualQuek I don't remember ever getting a notification for your post, just seen it now for the first time.

PualQuek
Autodesk

@Neil_Cross Not to worry. Feel free to tell us your feedback on the above functionality. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Paul

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2019. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report