Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection - "As Custom" tick box

Bolted Connection - "As Custom" tick box

It would be great to give Inventor Bolted Connections an extra tick box called "As Custom", for when the bolt that the user is inserting is unique, requiring to be saved to the workspace for further modification (such as a being drilled).

Custom bolts, washers & nuts would be displayed under the File Naming list, where they could be assigned a custom name before being saved into the users workspace.

The current workaround for this workflow is to manually create a custom bolt, then run the "Replace" command on the standard bolt to replace it with the custom bolt.

3 Comments
miechh
Collaborator

Great idea! The projects we make are all unique, so we don't actually need the functionality of standard content center parts, saved on a library location on the network.

thesnoman1
Contributor
I know this is an old suggestion however it's evidently been ignored by Autodesk. Without the custom option it's impossible to modify iproperties for fasteners. For those of us who add mark numbers to parts this is a major hindrance. We end up overriding parts list rows and this makes it difficult to keep track of things and doesn't carry from drawing to drawing. This needs to be changed.
tdant
Advocate

I don't use the Bolted Connection command at all because I'd have to use standard parts and couldn't assign part numbers. If this was implemented, it would save me a significant amount of headache.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report