Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better dimension text interaction

Better dimension text interaction

Maybe this is standard but I find it to be potentially confusing (see below).

Capture.JPG

8 Comments
timdown73
Collaborator

Furthermore, my diameter symbol should not be offset by the fact that I have an alternate metric dimension below.

Capture.JPG

mslosar
Advisor

The icons in the dimension style dialogs say that in the instance of an alternate dimenion that one will be above the line and the other below the line. However this isn't the case. As in the image above, if you extend the dimension line across the text, the line is actually about 1/3 of the way UP the 13 7/16" text and NOT between the dimension and the note.

It's very weird how inventor deals with dimension text. I can add something like "TYP." under the dimension usingthe Edit dimension dialog and that works just fine. Dimension, line, TYP. But trying to do dual dimensioning fails everytime despite the fact the style dialog box says that's what you're selecting.

AutoCAD has done this since the late 80's at the earliest, why this hasn't been straightened out yet is beyond me.

DRoam
Mentor

Really wish this one could be fixed. It looks really ugly and unprofessional on our drawings. @dan_szymanski, no response from Autodesk yet on this one -- is this on the radar? Perhaps at least worth Future Consideration?

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

@DRoam, For full transparency, it was not on my radar. However our team will look into the issue to learn if anything can be done as a issue fix as opposed to a full blown enhancement request. Regards,

DRoam
Mentor

Great, appreciate it, thanks Dan!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [40995]. Thanks!

timdown73
Collaborator

Any update on this one?

timdown73
Collaborator

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report