Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
5 Kudos
livewire77

Batch export of dxf from assembly environment - optimized for CNC

by livewire77 on ‎03-06-2014 11:00 AM

Many times I need to export sheet metal flat patterns referenced by the assembly to dxf for cutting or laser machine. I know I can program this in VBA (actually I did) or purchase it on Autodesk exchange apps from Micrographics , but I think it should be standard part of Inventor. This Micrographics application has also nice additional features - removing center marks, replacing splines with polylines or arcs (desperately needed for CNC control ) and more. It can be very useful. Also , it should make list of parts exported , with thickness and number of pieces for export to excel.

Comments
by ileblanc on ‎04-03-2014 04:47 AM

Hello livewire77,

I agree that a new export should be developed for sheetmetal export...  As a work around we set our dxf export options as shown in the image below.

FLAT PATTERN DXF.jpg

Only having the selected layers works perfect for our Prima and Mazak lasers.

Once you set these you can save your configuration and this will remain until you change it.

Hope this helps.

Ivon

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube