Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach text to view

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
adam.gracanin
1021 Views, 13 Replies

Attach text to view

In drawing when I create text which describes some view it is not attached to it. Text is free. Many times I move view and text stays.

It would be nice to can attach text to view like sketch.

Example: Click on view to select it and then create text. When text is created it is attached to view and when you move view text moves too with view.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Thanks

Adam

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jletcher
in reply to: adam.gracanin

This is an easy one.

Use leader text click on edge of the part enter text, delete leader, text will always stay wiith view now...

delete.JPG

pos1.JPG

pos2.JPG

Hope this helps..

Good luck..........

Message 3 of 14
jletcher

Just a thought if you make this a symbol and put smart tags in it you would not have to fill out the information it will take it from the part.

Also with symbols if you place the symbol in the view box then move it to the location you want the symbol, it too will stay wit the view where ever you move it..

Good Luck..........

Message 4 of 14

Thanks a lot - trick with deleting leader is perfect

I understand your second post but dont know how to achieve it - this will also be very helpful especially since I do a lot of parametric parts.

Can you explain it a little bit more?

Thanks

Message 5 of 14

You can do this now. 

Pick a view and it becomes green then select Sketch command from the ribbon. 

You can write whatever you need in the sketch environment and finish.

Now your text will move with the view.

Dan 

Message 6 of 14

Thank you Dan

uh

I totally forgot that Inventor has a text option in sketch

this is time saving too

thank you 

Message 7 of 14
dan_inv09

I had a symbol I placed once and it somehow grabbed the view - I wanted it pinned to the page border.

You'd have to export any parameters you needed - does your symbol get sick if it's looking for parameters that aren't in the part? What if you have multiple parts on the same drawing? What if you want parameters from a part in an assembly?

I seem to recall that deleting the leader didn't stick all the time, have you tried moving the view after closing and reopening the file? Also if you use properties or parameters it will forget what it was pointing to.

I once had to resort to a leader style with a white leader and no arrowhead.

There are workarounds but they could still look into making it better. (Maybe an "invisible" leader?)

Message 8 of 14
jletcher

Dan_inv09

When a symbol is placed in the red view box it links the symbol to the view, even if you move the symbol out of the view box. I have never had an issue with leader text not staying with view after deleting the leader.

No my symbol will not get sick if the information is not in the part it will not show up is all.

If you have multiple parts on a sheet using symbol with leader viz off works you attach the leader to the part and it will take information from that part only.

If you want a part parameters that are in a part in an assembly you do the same as above leader with viz off. But this does not work for sub assemblies it will only grab parts. There is an Idea out there for an option to grab sub assembly parameters..

I have used this from day one of symbols and never had issues but one. Sometimes if you change the information in the part the symbol would not up-date unless you moved the symbol but with ilogic set to update drawing on open or change I have not had this issue.

Message 9 of 14
jletcher

Adam,

To start if I was you look into symbols to understand them 1st.  Next to get information from part when making the symbol the one thing you have to remember is you must have a part with the information placed in a drawing. I have no idea why it is like that but it is.

After you have the part with that information you can make a symbol.

Here are some scrren shots to help.

1.JPG

With the part in you can see the things you can grab.

2.JPG

By click the X it put the parameter in the symbol Here I grab a custom parameter LENGTH.

3.JPG

Next I want the part number so I change from custom to Properties-model

4.JPG

Below is after I saved the symbol and inserted into drawing with the part.

5.JPG

Hope this helps...

Message 10 of 14

jletcher 

it helps a lot

very useful info

thanks

Message 11 of 14
kevinb

I've also found it easy to just change the name of the view and turn it on.

Message 12 of 14

Multiple solutions provided by the community for this request. Thanks everyone!
Dan Szymanski
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 14
shawn.payne

It would still be nice to be able to right click on the text and click attach. Similar to attaching a detail to the part.

Message 14 of 14
CCarreiras
in reply to: shawn.payne

Agree.

Place that in the Idea Station!!

Regards.
CCarreiras

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report