Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
37 Kudos
jddickson

Attach Text to Balloons

by Mentor on ‎05-29-2013 12:11 PM

I think you would be really useful to have an interface that attaches text to balloons. Something like the image below where you can attach it to any side.

Attach Text to Ballon.jpg

Attach Text to Ballon 2.jpg

It would be nice if you double click the balloon and attach whatever you need. It would also never lose the link to the balloon.

After additional consideration, this Idea has been converted from Duplicate to Accepted. We understand that TYP. or REF. text tags are often times common on balloon annotations. Accepted idea [US21778]. Thanks!
Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎06-03-2013 10:04 AM

What you are suggesting has already been incorporated somewhat in my idea that was marked as a duplicate.  Just thought you would be interested to know.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Parametric-Quantities-Attached-to-Balloons/idi-p/...

by Mentor on ‎06-03-2013 10:36 AM

Sorry, I thought I did a quick search before I posted the Idea and nothing showed up. I’m still a little new to looking at and posting stuff on forums. I have used a lot of other CAD software’s and they all have something similar to this. It’s a good idea and I was wondering why Inventor doesn’t have something like it… 

by Employee ‎06-07-2013 01:26 PM - edited ‎06-07-2013 01:26 PM
by Employee on ‎02-26-2014 07:55 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
After additional consideration, this Idea has been converted from Duplicate to Accepted. We understand that TYP. or REF. text tags are often times common on balloon annotations. Accepted idea [US21778]. Thanks!
by Distinguished Contributor mikeh on ‎02-26-2014 10:42 AM

I'd be inclined to Automate it as much as possible.  Say for instance on the part call out and a qty, have the ability to harvest the Qty out of the part list like a hole note does w/ Qty.

We handle Typ and Ref on Hole notes and dimensions via a REF and TYP style, where we select the dim style prior to placing the annotation or you can window or ctrl select annotations then switch the style.  Could we do the same for balloons?

Let's add TYP to weld symbols too while were at it please.

Thanks for Listening!

by smoffit on ‎05-05-2014 02:58 PM

Can we add the option for when ballooning a drawing with part numbers instead of item numbers to have the short horizontal line to the leader similar to leader text. I can pull part number information in to Leader Text  but would like to get structured BOM behaviour similar to Ballooning based on structured BOM. Leader Text drills all the way down to the part file the leader is touching. Also is there a way to get the leader to pull the information from the part it is hovering over versus having to touch an edge of the part or assembly? Let me know if you need any clarification. I'm glad this has been accepted. Look forward to seeing it in the near future!

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube