Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Features

Assembly Features

It would be great if assembly features where usable on large assemblies.

Currently and they always have been a total memory hog and make using them on assemblies of any real size not practical.

Cheers

Mike

4 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

MDS-MQ
Advocate

That is great that you guys are som commited to making a fetaure of you software usable.  This feature is  7 or 8 releases old and is still as usless as the first time it came out.

I think Hell might freeze over before you chumps could fix you assembly feature command.

JONOELLRICH
Contributor

I would be *almost* happy (and in some ways happier) if, in large assemblies, this feature (and assembly constraints, I hope) simply allowed a part to be constrained to another part and then immediately converted (suppressed?) the constraints to hold the part, possibly grounded or better, constrained to a specific/selected coordinate system for the large assembly.

In very large assemblies it's unlikely that we'll ever really want to live with the added overhead of full solving, but it would be nice to have tools to check/re-calculate positions on demand while assuming they're right (due to being grounded or constrained to a coordinate system) at all other times.  If I had to let a check or check-and-update command run overnight for a 10,000 part assembly but didn't have to worry about slow performance all the rest of the time, that might be preferred.  Sorry if I'm hijacking, though.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report