Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply constraints when reflect components (Mirror Components tool)

Apply constraints when reflect components (Mirror Components tool)

It’s very useful that you can create components mirrored applying the same contraints, because when you create a mirror in the Assambly Enviroment, the new parts (that are Derived Parts) keep all degrees of freedom. I think that is possible add a checkbox in the Mirror Components: File Names dialog box to control if you want to apply or infer the constraints or not.

9 Comments
JimSteinmeyer
Advocate

This should have been a given when mirroring parts was created. The time savings for mirroring parts in an assembly is lost when I have to go back and constrain all the new parts. Grounding the parts is fine until something in the assembly changes.

Thank you

Jim

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Great idea
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US-116633]. Thanks!

carlos.arredondo
Enthusiast

Greetings dan.szymanski,

What does this mean? It's possible that this be included in an Autodesk Inventor future release?

Thank you so much!

neil.hamilton
Enthusiast

Solidworks and ProE solved this problem years ago. I think Inventor is pretty good, and am new to it. I am really surprised this is an issue! I will look into "grounding" to see what that is.

In the meantime, Inventor Folks, please fix this ASAP!!!

steve.west
Advocate

I posted a similar idea before I found this. This is a major issue for me. I had large assemblies fall apart before realiseing that mirrored parts weren't constrained. I have to manually ground each mirrored part. Very time consuming and essential to do.

ChrisMitchell01
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2017R2. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it

jeanie.wayker
Alumni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report