Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another one for Tube & Pipe

Another one for Tube & Pipe

I have an assembly I am fixing up, lots of piping as usual.  I have an entire line that needs to be redone and made identical to one we built several months ago.  Tube & Pipe, because of the: ... can only be saved in the context of another assembly which is not currently open in memory.... nonsense.... will not let me simply replace the line with a copy of the existing one.  I have tried copy design, I have tried "make adaptive".... I am faced with having lost an hour trying to save myself an hour with something that apparently cannot be done.  So now it will take me another hour to start from scratch .

Yes, this is taking the form of a rant, but this needs to be changed.  There is no reason I cannot simply copy the older piping subassembly, and the replace the existing one with the copied one.  Bing, bang, boom... done.  It can be done with parts and sub-assemblies outside of the Tube & Pipe environment, why not within?

1 Comment
kesseltine
Advocate
Lol yeah this is a stupid one.... because they are authored as tube and pipe they cant be copied designed or demoted into another assembly ... they really give you some design flexibilty on that one huh.... NOT...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea