Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Units Difference Alert

Alternate Units Difference Alert

Not quite sure how this would work, but based on the attached thread, I stumbled accross this little issue.  I have alternate units for my dimension style.  In this particular case, the main units are fractional inches, with a precision of1/4".  The alternate units are mm with a precision of "0".  In the example I gave in my thread, there was a dimension of 2-1/2 inches and the alternamte mm value came up with 61" when clearly 2-1/2" converts to 64 mm.  I had to go back and twaek the model to get the 64 mm to show up.  If I had not caught this it would have slid through.  My proposal is some sort of alert warning that there is a difference between what the calculate alternate dim value is and what it should be.

Hope this makes sense.

See this thread.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Wrong-Alternate-Units/m-p/5116072#M513295

2 Comments
SBix26
Mentor

So the warning would appear whenever the alternate units result (rounding from the model value) is different from the result you would get from directly converting the primary (rounded) value to alternate units?

As an aside, this only becomes an issue when the precision of the primary units is substantially larger than that of the alternate units.  In the case you cite in the linked thread, the primary precision is more than ten times larger than the alternate precision.

- Sam

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea