Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow the User to Disable Autodesk 360 (remove it from the "Favourites")

Allow the User to Disable Autodesk 360 (remove it from the "Favourites")

I have seen many people complain about it but strangely not one post on the ideastation...

There really needs to be some method of disabling Autodesk 360 in Inventor for the user base that doesn't want to use it.

Personally I don't mind it, but I know many clients that do not want to have the Autodesk 360 drive in their "favourites" by default.

In Truth this should be the same for all products, If the client doesn't want to use the function don't force it on them.

Autodesk 360 option.png

It Could be an option in "Options" or a Right click "Remove from Favourites".

Currently if you accidentally Click on the grey area it Automagically (that's right its magical...) brings up the login dialog box. Now that wouldn't be an issue if the box popped up in front of everything... instead it appears behind other windows making it a pain for anyone not using Autodesk 360 to switch folders.

That's the main reason why I'm posting up here in the hopes that the issues gets looked at, I would like to see the option to remove the link altogether so its not an issue, but if they fix the random login pop up issues that would also work.

Regards,

James

3 Comments
Retrodenizen
Contributor

I just ran into this myself.  I just installed SP1 for Inventor 2016, and when I did apparently Autodesk 360 went to the top of my favorites list.  I don't mind having it *on* my favorites list, just not the default go to place when I click in the blank space.  I want that default to go to my default folder.

Shy of being able to remove 360 from my favorites list, is there a way to make it so that it's not my default anymore?

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report