Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow the creation of auxiliary views from workplane & workaxis

Allow the creation of auxiliary views from workplane & workaxis

Currently you have to select an edge to align the view.  It would be beneficial to allow the selection of workplanes & workaxis instead of having to create a feature to allow the projection at the desired angle.

6 Comments
mrattray
Advisor

I'm not sure when this would be useful. Can you post an example of where you would need to draw an auxilary view when you don't have an edge?

Northcott
Participant

Picture shows a setting bar which mimics specific geometry of the part it relates to. In order to detail the 'tang', a view needs to be created along the 1st angle of the compound form.  As it is a compound angle, no geometry exists to project the view.

Setting Bar.jpg

Mark_Wigan
Collaborator

i too think that there are times when we need to be able to define Aux views based upon more than just edges.

also, it would be good i think if we could access the command for modifying or realigning aux views by right click on view definitions rather than just from in the browser, see snapshot:

realign aux view.png

donnie.mann
Explorer

I'd also like to see more flexibiltiy when adding Auxiliary Views.

In the example below I'd like an Auxiliary View aligned to the thick black line, but there are now MODEL EDGES in that orientation.  I can create a Section View using the mid-points of the outer curved faces, so why not an Auxiliary?

Aux View Example.png

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report