Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
3 Kudos
raymondlee306

All Parts in Top Level Parts list

by Distinguished Contributor raymondlee306 on ‎11-21-2012 06:34 AM

It would be nice to have an option in the idw where I could list ALL parts reguardless of level in a single, non-structured, parts list. If I have one top level and 30 sub-level assemblies with one 3" elbow in each of them, I want one line that says I need thirty 3" elbows. Currenty, I have to place a structured parts list, expand all the sub-levels and export to excel and combine the parts from the sub-levels to give to purchasing. This open up potential for math errors, etc that Inventor would handle automatically. All I want to know is how many 3" elbows are in my whole machine. I still need the structured for drawings and stuff, but purchasing wants all parts in one list. They don't want to look in 5 different spots for 3" elbows. When we used to run the pipe in the top level as 300+ individual fttings it was not too big of a problem (but took a long time to model), but we started using the Tube and Pipe feature which save tons of time modeling but making a list when from 20 minutes in Inventor to 2 hours in excel. And excel doesn't update too well when I make a change to the model.

Hello Raymond, Please let me know if enabling the "Parts Only" BOM view from within the Bill of Materials of your referenced assembly, prior to creating your parts list (within your drawing), solves your request. For now I am going to mark this Idea as "solution provided". Thanks!
Comments
by Mentor on ‎11-27-2012 10:56 PM

I'm pretty sure you can do what you are asking, have you looked at the "Parts Only Option" for you materials/parts lists?

by *Expert Elite* on ‎02-14-2013 12:31 PM

This is currently available functionality in Inventor. I would recommend placing a "parts only" parts list on another special sheet or off page for use by your purchasing department.

by Employee on ‎03-19-2013 12:12 PM
Status changed to: Solution Provided
Hello Raymond, Please let me know if enabling the "Parts Only" BOM view from within the Bill of Materials of your referenced assembly, prior to creating your parts list (within your drawing), solves your request. For now I am going to mark this Idea as "solution provided". Thanks!
Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube