Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Parts in Top Level Parts list

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
howardlee306
544 Views, 3 Replies

All Parts in Top Level Parts list

It would be nice to have an option in the idw where I could list ALL parts reguardless of level in a single, non-structured, parts list. If I have one top level and 30 sub-level assemblies with one 3" elbow in each of them, I want one line that says I need thirty 3" elbows. Currenty, I have to place a structured parts list, expand all the sub-levels and export to excel and combine the parts from the sub-levels to give to purchasing. This open up potential for math errors, etc that Inventor would handle automatically. All I want to know is how many 3" elbows are in my whole machine. I still need the structured for drawings and stuff, but purchasing wants all parts in one list. They don't want to look in 5 different spots for 3" elbows. When we used to run the pipe in the top level as 300+ individual fttings it was not too big of a problem (but took a long time to model), but we started using the Tube and Pipe feature which save tons of time modeling but making a list when from 20 minutes in Inventor to 2 hours in excel. And excel doesn't update too well when I make a change to the model.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
matt_jlt
in reply to: howardlee306

I'm pretty sure you can do what you are asking, have you looked at the "Parts Only Option" for you materials/parts lists?

Message 3 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: howardlee306

This is currently available functionality in Inventor. I would recommend placing a "parts only" parts list on another special sheet or off page for use by your purchasing department.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 4

Hello Raymond, Please let me know if enabling the "Parts Only" BOM view from within the Bill of Materials of your referenced assembly, prior to creating your parts list (within your drawing), solves your request. For now I am going to mark this Idea as "solution provided". Thanks!
Dan Szymanski
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report