Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align Balloons to an Edge

Align Balloons to an Edge

I'd like the ability to align the balloons on a drawing to be aligned to an edge.

Currently the only options are Horizontal or Vertical

Align 2 edge02.PNG

8 Comments
formi_1
Explorer

Thats like the magnetic line in Solid Works. I would like to see this in Inventor as well!

MuK-FR
Community Visitor

Very good idea! I miss this too!

h.schkorwaga
Advocate

I achieved this via VBA. This can't be very hard to implement.

BjornErik
Explorer

Very good idea!

Namoi1
Advocate

it's been asked for before with other versions with lots of kudos and they still haven't implemented it.  Surely you'd think it was time to actually do something.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

The Master Idea of this duplicate has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.  In Autodesk Inventor 2016 you can now align a selection of balloons vertically, horizontally or to a selected (isometric) edge.

NigelHay
Collaborator

I would also like to be able to align a set of balloons with the end balloon of an existing set, i.e. if I'm aligning a set of horizontal balloons I would like to be able to align them with the top or bottom balloon in an existing vertical set. This was possible in 2015 & earlier by selecting the end balloon from the vertical set, then selecting the horizontal set & aligning.

SER4
Collaborator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report