Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias Meets Inventor

Alias Meets Inventor

What i expect in the future is better implementation Alias with Inventor.

To use the benefit of strong assotiative feature-based modeling methology and the benefits of explicit surface class A modeling techniques.

I would love to increase productivity by having the chance to use both within the same surface.

Reg,

JWI

5 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

The_Test
Advocate

YES PLEASE,

I would love to see an integration of something like Autodesk Shape Modeling Plug-in for Rhino Inside Inventor, If I'm not wrong, I think Alias and Shape Modeling share some of the tools.

PLEASE GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE MY IDEA ALSO

IDEA: Autodesk Shape Modeling (VSR) For Inventor

https://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualShapeResearch

francis.verbeeck
Advocate

Good idea. I hope that they will consider also to ameliorate frame generator.

Francis

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This was made possible with our "AnyCAD" solution in Autodesk Inventor 2016.  Alias files can now be associatively referenced within Inventor 2016.  Thanks!

RSNIDER1953
Participant

I am using Inventor 2021 and importing Alias 2020 surface models. Most of the time, the surfaces come in clean. However, when adding thickness to make it a solid, the Quilt will not thicken to more than .01" thick, if at all. When trying it by doing each face, only about half will thicken. We have customers that want solid models of their fiberglass parts. It does not seem like the issue above has made any difference, even though it says "implemented".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report