Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a part to a single Level of Detail

Adding a part to a single Level of Detail

Hello,

When there is several levels of detail in an assembly, it would be nice to be able to suppress the part in ALL levels of detail already present in the assembly, because actually the part is visible in all levels, and if we want to show it in only one, we have to suppress in all others.

I'm talking about level of details and not representation views. Because if we just hide the component, it's still loaded in the memory, and the weight of the assembly doesn't change.

Regards,

Guillaume Garcia

4 Comments
jdavis417
Advocate

Autocad users see something like this with their layer dialog...

Something like... Create Visible/Invisible & Suppress/Unsuppress?

Perhaps just the abilitly to Lock (or Protect) ViewReps & LOD's?

We're all in this together,

JD

rptandy
Contributor

I would love to see a lock feature on the LOD just like on the view rep. This would save a lot of time when I create iassemblies.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report