Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add tolerance to fillet radius

add tolerance to fillet radius

Pretty simple, add the ability to tolerance fillet radius'

9 Comments
GNR88
Enthusiast

Are you trying to add the tolerance to the model or the drawing?

In the model you should be able to do this already. If you right click on the fillet in the bowser and select Show Dimensions you should them be able to right click on the fillet radius select Dimension Properties and add a tolerance

jletcher
Advisor

Don't understand this can and always could be done in Model and IDW..

rt1.JPG

rt2.JPG

Even in a sketch

rt3.JPG

So I don't understand.............

rchiccarine
Enthusiast

I'm talking about the model  I see now how it can be done.  However, when you call the fillet command, and you type in the number, I don't have the option to set the tolerance.  You have to put in the nominal size, and then go back and set the tolerance later.  Shouldn't you be able to set the tolerance from the start?

jletcher
Advisor

Don't mean to sound rude but people need to think of the titles when putting ideas up..

This should have been titled:

" Ability to add tolerance to fillets when adding fillet "

Then you should have put:

"I would like to put in the tolerance in the same dialog when placing radius"

GNR88
Enthusiast

rchiccarine, I suggest you edit your original idea as jletcher have pointed out, otherwise people will simply ignore your idea. it is a good idea but it could possibly go a lot further as you should have the option to add a tolerance to ALL feature dimension in thier respective dialogs not just through the show dimentions after the event

rchiccarine
Enthusiast

GNR88

That's a goiod suggestion.  I didn't really present the idea well.    But, it's such a radical change to the original post, I think, I'll start a new thread.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

SER4
Collaborator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report