Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search box in the FX Parameters Dialog Box

Search box in the FX Parameters Dialog Box

The subject says it all. Can you put a search box in the Fx Parameters dialog box. Some mature parts/assemblies can have pages of fx parameters and it would be convenient to type in the name, with wild cards, of a parameter you're searching for. At that point, the table would only display parameters that fit the criteria.

It appears to me that you are using DevExpress tools to create portions of your UI. Their table object has that functionality built into it. If that is correct, can you at least make it an option for the "Parameter Name" column?

Thanks.

8 Comments
gcross
Collaborator

Wouldn't it be great time saver to be able to do a search in the parameters dialog rather than scrolling through zillions of dimensions & comments.

Gary

Tags (2)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so.

manojrko111996
Observer

Kindly add the search box column for fx parameter..

It is very Usefull for all inventor users.. 

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator
eric.mathews7BV6E
Contributor

As it turns out, I also use DevExpress tools for development. By dumb luck I discovered that this functionality already exists. Open the Fx parameters dialog box and hit "ctrl f" and a search box appears. My only complaint: it locks Inventor up every time I use it. 

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Many thanks for you posting the idea, and tracked as [INVGEN-61709].

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [INVGEN-61709]. Thanks!

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2024.2. Please review the Inventor 2024.2 What's New article here. For more information regarding how you may leverage the feature, and please review this page. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report