Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Plot Display or Wndow View to 1:1 or to scale just like good old AutoCad

Add Plot Display or Wndow View to 1:1 or to scale just like good old AutoCad

I've missed this functionality to simply plot a view or a windowed area on the screen to 1:1 scale. This is so we can print/plot the view to use as a paper template for example to show someone else or do a quick check.Sometimes the drawing is huge & you just want to see hwat a little part looks like full size or to some accurate scale

There's no way to easily do this now in Inventor Print Drawing tool since the print range doesn't have a "window" choice.

This functionality has been in Autocad plot tool for a long time for good reason.

Should be an easy feature to add too.

Thanks.

Gary

4 Comments
rmerlob
Advocate

Yes this would come in handy, also the tile function needs to be reworked, currently theres no control over it, wastes to much pages and cant be customized in any way.

There should be a way to have multiple sheets on the same sheet if that makes sense, maybe a different view mode were all sheets appear in the same graphics window and you can arrange them, this would also make the multi-sheet plot utility obsolete which I think is the way to go.

Thanks.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

matt_jlt
Collaborator

I would like the same thing, it would definately come in handy. Same reason I made my zoom view to scale app so I can look at something in full scale on the monitor. Theres lots of time I have needed to print stuff off for others to look at and having it 1 : 1 scale help them understand the scale of what they are looking at.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report