Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to list unresolved file references

Ability to list unresolved file references

I have had assemblies sent to me from outside my company which end up having many parts which are unresolved because the files were not supplied, also I have recently had to load many assemblies into Vault and came unstuck with unresolved references. My request is a feature which enables the unresolved references in an assembly to be presented in a list rather than needing to trawl through many levels of subassemblies to fix the links. Ideally the links could be repaired from within the feature by allowing you to point to the replacement part in the directory, content center or vault location.

7 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2018. In our continued investment into a modernized user interface, we have introduced a search tool that features a filter to identify unresolved files (when in an assembly). Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

SearchFilters.jpg

Contributor

Hello @dan_szymanski 
once we have the Unresolved items, there is available a solution to save them to a list to be processed after (included also the path to that item in the list like in the image below)?

With many thanks

Unresolved list file.PNG

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hello @14031971,

I reached out to our iLogic expert Mike Deck to learn if there is something we could do. He stated "You can get the information from each browser node. If it’s an unresolved component, it will have a StateIconToolTipText property set to "Unresolved". Attached is a sample rule to list all such nodes in an assembly and its subassemblies. This could be expanded to create a report."
NOTE: This text might be language-dependent. If so, the rule could be modified to work if a non-English language pack is active.

There might be other ways through the API of course, however this is one that might work for you.

Regards,
Dan

Imports System.Diagnostics

Sub Main()
ListBrowserPanes(ThisApplication.ActiveDocument)
End Sub

Sub ListBrowserPanes(doc As Document)
	Logger.Info("-- Doc " & doc.DisplayName)

For Each pane As BrowserPane In doc.BrowserPanes

If (pane.InternalName = "AmBrowserArrangement" Or pane.InternalName.Contains("PmDefault")) Then
			Logger.Info(" ------------------------- ")
			Logger.Info(String.Format("--- pane: {0}: {1} : ({2})", pane.Name, pane.InternalName, pane.GetHashCode()))
			Dim rootNode As Inventor.BrowserNode

rootNode = pane.TopNode
			Dim node As Inventor.BrowserNode
			For Each node In rootNode.BrowserNodes
				DumpNode(node, vbTab)
			Next
		End If
	Next
End Sub

Sub DumpNode(node As Inventor.BrowserNode, prefix As String)
	Dim def = node.BrowserNodeDefinition
	'   Logger.Info(String.Format("{0}  --- Node: {1} : ({2})", prefix, def.Label, node.FullPath))
	Dim nativeDef = TryCast(def, NativeBrowserNodeDefinition)
	If nativeDef IsNot Nothing Then
		Try
			Dim type As ObjectTypeEnum = nativeDef.NativeObject.Type
			If type = ObjectTypeEnum.kComponentOccurrenceObject Then
				If def.StateIconToolTipText = "Unresolved" Then
					Logger.Warn("--- Unresolved : {0}", def.Label)					
				End If
			End If

Catch
		End Try
	End If

For Each subNode As Inventor.BrowserNode In node.BrowserNodes
		DumpNode(subNode, prefix + vbTab)
	Next
End Sub
Cadderman
Enthusiast

How would I export a list of unresolved files into an excel sheet?  

KobusE
Advocate

Can one get a report based on your posted iLogic, in Excel, Word or even just a text file? Basically just a list of filenames that are missing...

Regards

Kobus

MjDeck
Autodesk

@KobusE , I posted a rule to list them in a text file.

KobusE
Advocate

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report