Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Shrinkwrap LOD without the part "baggage"

A Shrinkwrap LOD without the part "baggage"

Background:

Shrinkwrap is a key feature I utilize within Inventor to simplify complex assemblies. My only issue with the function is that it has to create a new file in order to do this. This just adds to the number of parts Inventor has to account for when working with assemblies that already consist of a large number of files. As well as increases the number of files that need to be managed and maintained which when having to update a number of shrinkwrap files it seems to take a very long time. 

MY IDEA:

The ability to create shrinkwrap/simplify/LOD of an assembly that does not create a separate file but stores itself within the assembly file. Also the capability to be able to store multiple varieties of the shrinkwrap LODs within the assembly would be convenient.

Potential Benefits:

+ Reduction in number of files being generated

+ Less files being accessed by Inventor

+ Possible reduction in unresolved files

+ Updating substitute time lapse may be reduced

Unknowns:

• The affect it would have on file size of the assembly file
  • Programming/Coding involved
  • If this would have a positive or negative impact on Inventor performance 

Just a thought...

V/R

Nick Stewart

2 Comments
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report