Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show all invisible parts in assembly while pressing the button

Show all invisible parts in assembly while pressing the button

Press the button, select the part you want to make visible, unpress the button.

The part you selected became visible.

Why? Takes to much time searching the part (in large assembl) in model browsers when you want to make it visible again.

42 Comments
ca-d.one
Advisor

I imagine a switch with which I disable the visibility of all invisible parts, no matter in which BOM structure / depth they are. Click on it and everything will be visible.

Translated via Google Translate

Original post:

Baugruppe

Ich stelle mir einen Schalter vor, mit dem ich die Sichtbarkeit aller unsichtbaren Teile, egal in welcher Stücklistenstruktur/tiefe sie liegen deaktiviere. Einmal draufklicken und alles wird sichtbar.

soggys3
Advocate

Many times throughtout a work day part visibilties are turned off and on. The current process of expanding the model browser-expand representations-expand default-then right click.....Now I make all parts visible. Yes i can expand my model browser scroll through all the parts until I stumble across the Invisible parts then turn Visibilty on. That being said.... a simple "All Visible Button" within the View tab or maybe even the Apperance tab of the UI ribbon would be a great addition. I am sure that this is a common pain in the rump for many others?  Attached is a screen shot for review.

Thanks

Shawn

nicolas.striebig
Enthusiast

Hello,

With a large assembly and many sub-assembly, it could be useful to have a button like 'Isolate', but just to display all invisible parts only.

I use an iLogic rule in attached file for that, but it's slow when you have a large assembly.

Thanks

Nicolas

TONELLAL
Collaborator

There is somtething like this when you create Representation views ("Modify components inclusion", but yes it could be very useful to have a button : "switch visibility".

For you iLogic rule, it functions only with 3 sub assemblies levels. I think it could be better to use a recursive rule, that automatically go through all the subassemblies.

nicolas.striebig
Enthusiast

Hi TONLLAL,

Thanks for your support.

I'm not an expert in ilogic Rule, could you explain in detail how to use an recursive rule to go through all the subassemblies.

Thanks.

Nicolas

TONELLAL
Collaborator

The principle (just the principle, not the code, so syntax is not correct) :

'************************************************

sub main ()

For Each oOccurrence In oAssyOccurrences

if oOccurrence = part then fVisibilitySwitch (oOccurrence) else iam_VisibilitySwitch(oOccurrence)

next

end sub

'*************************************************

'Recursive sub : it is self-called

sub  iam_VisibilitySwitch(sub_oOcc)

oOccs =sub_ oOcc.occurrences

for each oOcc in oOccs

if oOcc = part then fVisibilitySwitch (oOcc) else  iam_VisibilitySwitch(oOcc) 'here is the recursivity

next

end sub

'***************************************************

See joined file

I'm not also an expert in iLogic nor VBA, so this code is perhaps not very optimized.

I'm also not sure it is quicker than yours for large assembly, the main difference is you can use it whatever the subassemblies levels you have.

This principle functions each time you need to apply something to all parts in all subassemblies.

switch_visibility.txt

nicolas.striebig
Enthusiast

Hi TONELLAL,

Thanks for your explanations but I can't open your txt file ?

Could you send it again in attached file, please.

Thanks,

Nicolas

TONELLAL
Collaborator

Sory, but I can't find how to attach a file...

nicolas.striebig
Enthusiast

Hi,

I've made a new recursive rule, here after. It's also slow with large assembly.

Iindeed you can use it whatever the subassemblies levels you have.

I maintain my demand to have a button/function to do that more quickly.

Thanks again,

Nicolas

Sub Main
        Dim oAsmDoc As AssemblyDocument
        oAsmDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument

Call TraverseAssembly(oAsmDoc.ComponentDefinition.Occurrences, 1)
End Sub

Private Sub TraverseAssembly(Occurrences As ComponentOccurrences, Level As Integer)

Dim oOcc As ComponentOccurrence

For Each oOcc In Occurrences

If oOcc.DefinitionDocumentType = kAssemblyDocumentObject Then

Call TraverseAssembly(oOcc.SubOccurrences, Level + 1)

Else
            If (oOcc.Visible = True) Then
                oOcc.Visible = False
            Else
                oOcc.Visible = True
            End If

End If
        Next
End Sub

**************************************************************************************************

hans_hydrac
Enthusiast

It would be a nice feature like Catia V5/6.

In Catia i can switch between a visible and invisible Layer.

h.schkorwaga
Advocate

in UG NX this is also possible

TONELLAL
Collaborator
Finally your recursive rule is simpler than mine ^^.

To complete your demand, minimum commands to have should be :
-all the assembly visible (like the Master view)
-all the assembly invisible
-switch visibility on all the assembly
-the same commands but only on the activated subassembly
-the same commands but only on the selection

Alain
******************************************************************************************
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, use, disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this e-mail or associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message or by telephone and delete this e-mail and any attachments permanently from your system.
poeschmann
Explorer

GOOGLE TRANSLATION:

It would be nice if you had the possibility in the Inventor, all invisible elements with a command again visible or if it would give the opportunity to switch to the invisible area to make certain elements visible again by selection (directly in the work area). This is currently only possible via the browser, by going to the element in question (e.g., sikzze or plane) and reactivating visibility in the context.

ORIGINAL POST:

Inventor 2016 - nicht sichtbare Elemente im Bauteil

Es wäre schön, wenn man im Inventor die Möglichkeit hätte, alle nicht sichtbaren Elemente mit einem Befehl wieder sichtbar zu schalten bzw. wenn es die Möglichkeit geben würde, in den nicht sichtbaren Bereich umzuschalten, um bestimmte Elemente durch Selektion wieder sichtbar zu schalten (direkt im Arbeitsbereich). Dies ist ja zur Zeit nur über den Browser möglich, indem man auf das betreffende Element (z.B. Sikzze oder Ebene) geht und im Kontext die Sichtbarkeit wieder aktiviert.

Tags (1)
hans_hydrac
Enthusiast

The same as in Catia V5.

Here i have a button to switch betwee visible an invisible elments.

Visible Elements:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-04-28 um 19.04.16.png

Invisible Elements

Bildschirmfoto 2015-04-28 um 19.04.22.png

pat.casey
Explorer

I worked with CATIA V5 and one of the features it had that I think Inventor would benefit greatly from is a screen that shows all the parts with the visibility turned off. That way you can visually select the parts you would like to make visible again.

Normally the screen only shows you all the parts that are visible. CATIA had a button in the lower corner that you can click and now your display only shows you the parts that had the visibility turned off.

Right now you have to find the part in the tree and turn it on.

Tags (1)
s.wile
Advocate

This is a good idea and I gave you Kudos. But until then you can turn ALL parts back on by right clicking on active View Rep and choosing All Visible. I know this isn't what your asking for but I hope it helps until your requested feature has been added.

MarcusVogt95
Participant

In an Assembly, it would be nice to have a way to make something visible or invisible. If others use Inventor similar to how we do, then you'll understand the frustration of having an Assembly and only needing a few select items visible in certain representations, and having anything you add to the assembly after the view was created show up. I'd really enjoy if there were some sort of command where you could right click a flange and then go on to select the representation you would like that part visible in. So If I had an engine in my assembly with all kinds of tube and pipe, and I want to keep all of my flanges invisible and my pipe visible. I'd like to then right click on my flange and select waht views you can see the flanges in. 

Alex.booth
Enthusiast

Solidworks has a make component transparent feature.

Its better than a hide component feature as often you need to see through a cover to access parts inside an assembly, but its handy to still have the cover visible so you remember to show it back on or to remind you its there.

bramruijter
Enthusiast

There is one, is this what you are looking for? Was an eye opener for me tho.

Untitled 1.jpg

alex.haerens
Collaborator

Regarding the original post :

If you lock a view, and continue to work in an other view, then the locked view contains only what was visible when it was created. Watch out : a view that is active will update with everything you add, regardless of locked or not.

Regarding reply :

A workaround is to right click on a part in assembly and check off the "enabled" property. It will turn transparant as a result. Toggle to reverse to original.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report