Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Ds Max Selection Align (select and align vertices, edges and polys)

3Ds Max Selection Align (select and align vertices, edges and polys)

Hello, it's me Stanley once more. I had another interesting idea that would be very useful. It would be great if you could select and align vertices, edges and polys with other vertices, edges, and polys on a fixed axis. For example, the user selects a vertex, edge, or poly and selects the vertex, edge or poly he or she wants to align it with on a fixed axis. The function automatically aligns either using the viewport’s axis or the user can choose which axis, maybe on a menu, they want to use to align the vertex, edge, or poly with. 

Another example can be selecting a poly and selecting another poly above it in which you want to align it with. Using the top viewport, you select the function and the poly automatically aligns directly above the previously selected poly. 

Adding more detail into perspective, I've included two images attached to this post. What if you were working on a 3D model and you had a situation where it looked like the "before" image attached to this post. Notice all the vertices are out of place. Wouldn't it be great to have a function where all your vertices automatically align like in the "after" image also attached to this post? I'm sure many people would benefit having this function by saving time and energy not having to move ever individual vertex. 

2 Comments
js103036
Explorer

The following images did not attach to the previous post; therefore, I have included them in this comment. before.jpg after.jpg

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report