Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
8 Kudos
tech

3D Stereo output for Inventor and Showcase.

by Contributor tech on ‎11-16-2012 03:19 AM

Hi we have a need to project or visualise our designs in proper 3D using 3D displays like a 3D projector or 3D Monitor. To be honest I can believe that this is not standard functionality in Inventor or Showcase! From what I can see its only Navisworks that actually supports this as part of the Product Design Suite Ultimate. Really!?!?. So we are forced to transfer our designs with beautiful graphics from Inventor and Showcase into Navisworks!

Please add this into Inventor and / or Showcase!

Comments
by Valued Contributor charlv on ‎11-16-2012 03:49 AM

This will be a great feature for Revit as well. Presenting your Revit model on a 3D display.

by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎11-16-2012 04:55 AM

Showcase Pro supports 3D stereo, but required multiple seats of Showcase, one to run each projector, hopefully this shouldn't be a requirement for Inventor. I'd trade half the FPS if it meant i could go 3D stereo with 1 seat of Inventor

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube