Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization in Numeric Reference Styles

Customization in Numeric Reference Styles

As an enthusiastic and committed user of Autodesk Inventor 2024, I would like to propose a significant enhancement for an upcoming update or version of the software. This improvement focuses on the flexibility and customization of the numeric reference style within the program.

Currently, the numeric reference style in Autodesk Inventor is limited to selecting a single property per style, which aligns with standard drawing norms. However, I propose allowing users to select two or more properties for each numeric reference style, even if this means deviating from traditional drawing standards.

Reasons for this improvement:

1. Enhanced Customization: By allowing multiple properties per style, users will be able to customize their designs more efficiently and accurately. This is particularly useful in industries where design requirements are unique and do not strictly conform to standard norms.

2. Workflow Efficiency: This enhancement will enable users to consolidate relevant information more effectively, reducing the need for multiple references or annotations, which in turn streamlines the design and review process.

3. Compatibility Across Various Industries: Each industry has its own needs and standards. By offering greater flexibility in numeric reference styles, Autodesk Inventor becomes more adaptable and useful for a wider range of applications, from mechanical engineering to aerospace and beyond.

4. Innovation and Market Leadership: By incorporating this functionality, Autodesk Inventor positions itself as a leader in innovation, offering features that go beyond standard expectations and meeting the emerging needs of design professionals.

5. Improved User Experience: This improvement not only increases the software's functionality but also enhances the overall user experience, allowing them to work more intuitively and with greater creative freedom.

I understand that maintaining compliance with drawing norms is crucial, so I suggest that this feature could be enabled or disabled based on the project's needs or user preferences. This would ensure that Autodesk Inventor remains versatile and suitable for both those who require strict adherence to norms and those seeking greater flexibility in their work.

Doble globo.jpg                  Two properties.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report