Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Steel Shapes As Template Files

Content Center Steel Shapes As Template Files

Because there are times when I simply need a single steel shape part generated from the CC as a part, could it be possible to move that functionality to become it's own area in the templates? 

I find myself starting with an assembly, making the first part the CC steel shape part, opening the new part in it's own window, saving the part in that window and not saving the assembly.  In many instances, I'm also looking to alter the steel shape with extra features, which would add to the benefits of having these in a more accessible place as starters.

I don't always need the assembly, yet it's the only way I can generate these.

3 Comments
CGBenner
Community Manager

@jimm_motyka_777 

You can open a part from Content Center without first creating an assembly.  The Community's @petestrycharske did a video on this; see if this helps.

petestrycharske
Advisor

Thanks @CGBenner!  Another tip that I'll share with you @jimm_motyka_777 is to edit the CC template file and stick a work plane in between the two end planes ("Start plane" and "End plane") so that you can have a plane in the middle of every shape that you generate.

jimm_motyka_777
Advocate

Thanks for teaching this old dog a new trick!  I've never had the need for it before, yet this is infinitely easier than how I was going to go about things.  I appreciate the info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report