Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Mass Properties of View Reps

Calculate Mass Properties of View Reps

Now that Autodesk is recommending View Reps more than LODs and enhancing their performance in such areas as Express Mode, this idea will help us break from using LOD reps a little more:

Allow view reps to help us calculate mass of assemblies when some of the parts are turned off like LOD reps do now.  This would allow us to have various weights associated with various reps for use on our drawings and etc without having to suppress the parts in an LOD rep.

When calculating mass we often have to turn off parts to get the mass of some sub assemblies.  LOD reps allow us to choose between calculating mass of the LOD rep or of the Master Rep.  We need to do the same thing in View Reps.

5 Comments
swalton
Mentor

I think the current workflow is to use iAssemblies for different configurations of a design.  Why don't you use them?

ic198
Advocate

This would be really useful- we design boats and using view reps we produce drawings at various stages of the build. It would be useful to be able to quickly get weights at those stages.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [15114]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2022. Please review the Inventor 2022 What's New article here, for more information regarding how you may leverage their power within multiple workflows. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hello @dan_butler_komatsu,

I have set the status of this Idea back to "Gathering Support" as it was not directly implemented within Inventor 2022 specifically as requested. In Inventor 2022 you can leverage Model States to calculate unique mass properties of different design configurations. I would like to apologize for being over zealous in thinking Model States solved this specific enhancement request.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report