Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Co-Ordinate Dimensions in Drawings

Add Co-Ordinate Dimensions in Drawings

When placing Ordinate dimensions for holes (or for the origin point), it can be annoying to have to first put all the X-ordinate dimensions in, and then the Y-ordinate in a separate step. On parts with a lot of holes or point coordinates that need to be dimensioned, it is easy to occasionally miss one hole for an X or Y dimension.

My idea is a dropdown in the Ordinate dimension tab that would say "Co-Ordinate". When switched to this dimensioning method, only point selection would be enabled, but when you click on the point it would place both an X and a Y dimension at the same time. This way, users could quickly dimension holes, corners, and the Origin all in one process. 

Matthew_Policelli_1-1649248954933.png

Matthew_Policelli_0-1649248803223.png

3 Comments
vinayababu.yerneni
Enthusiast

How do we add that co-ordinate dimension option inventor annotations, because I don't see any option on mine?

@vinayababu.yerneni  It is not currently there. The co-ordinate dimension option is the feature I am suggesting be added. I mocked up where it would go on the ribbon by editing a screenshot.

mluterman
Advisor

For our use here, I would also like a style setting for that, so mine can show the result as X, Y (like the machine's G-Code) attached to a leader (instead of extension lines). Like an auto-ballon, place "All Around".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report