Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've Been Upgraded to Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate!

77 REPLIES 77
Message 1 of 78
jeanchile
1708 Views, 77 Replies

You've Been Upgraded to Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate!

Thank you for that I guess...  provided my subscription amount doesn't go up because of this.

It doesn't... does it AD!?!?!?

Inventor Professional
77 REPLIES 77
Message 61 of 78
scottmoyse
in reply to: jeanchile

At the end of the Day the suites are immense value for money even if you don't use all of the features, there are some stonking tools there. As long as the price increase is minimal it will benefit way more people than it will hinder. I thank Autodesk for doing this. 

We need to buy at least 1 more seat of inventor shortly, we currently have 9 design suite premium seats, I will be getting a seat of factory design suite, same price, it includes the same core tools we need, but an extra set of apps that wll be at our disposal if we choose they could be of benefit. Who knows they may even allow us to bid for a job we wouldn't have otherwise. 

The trick is the cost of learning how to use all these new tools, I will eventually in my own time because I want to.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 62 of 78
sumayo

I often wonder if the amount a CAD Product can be upgraded is Finite or Infinite... I mean will we always be "forced" to pay subscription for Software if we want to keep up with everyone else.... (btw, this also goes for SW, Inventor Catia...etc) I sometimes think it's a bit of a Con...

BTW... Would it be rude to ask what you are paying for subscription in the US? USD...?

I am paying AUD$1850 plus GST (10%) here in Australia, I was hoping to get a reduction this year with the strong Aussie Dollar...

SolidWorks 2016
Message 63 of 78
scottmoyse
in reply to: sumayo

FYI our rate is very close to that here in NZ converting from aussie to NZ $

It appears some US resellers are allowing customers to sign up and pay for more than 1 year of subs and getting discounts. I have heard this a few times now. I haven't yet asked our reseller for a similar deal.

also when you look at the autodesk listed price of the suites on their website and convert to local currency its very close. I will be interested to hear what sort of rates for subs are paid in the US, I don't think its rude btw i think its neccesary. just need to find someone who will talk.....

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 64 of 78
DarrenP
in reply to: scottmoyse

its about $1300 here in the U.S

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 65 of 78
phil-mcam

Con or conspiracy? It's certainly symbiotic. One need feeds the other which in turn feeds another, and all benefit from the constant churning this creates. Army/police training says if you are not shooting, you are moving and reloading and if you are not you are dead. This concept is not just for kinetic military interactions (combat).

There is always the John Galt solution. The only way that could happen would be for external forces to prevent any further investment or advancement in technology, so it really wouldn't be a deliberate action. As a group, designers and engineers are not going to simply stop participating all at once.

And people participate at their own levels. I see customers all the time upgrading stuff like ACAD 2000i. So for 10-12 years this person has been productive with an older CAD setup. Getting the most of it only works if you can use it in a vacuum. Once you include CAD tools in your communication/accounting/business strategy forget about it. You have to stay current.

Now they want us to put our data and processing into the hands of the cloud... is there a breaking point is really the question. What happens when the data lines are down and your design is in a server farm somewhere?

Smiley Happy 

Message 66 of 78
jeanchile
in reply to: phil-mcam

@phil-mcam wrote:

Now they want us to put our data and processing into the hands of the cloud... 

I have recently filled out 4 surveys from software companies (AD included) where I told them that this idea scares me more than being abducted by aliens. And I am deathly afraid of being abducted by aliens... and you should be to (on both accounts really Smiley Wink).

Inventor Professional
Message 67 of 78
kstate92

Remoted ideas like this always reminds me of a near-universal truism:  Never underestimate the damage a fool can do with a rented backhoe.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 68 of 78
phil-mcam

I am more afraid of robots. Robot Mad 

This year Skynet became self aware (April 19, 2011) and it's going to continually seek to eliminate Humans from the equation until we are unable to perform the simplest calculations on our own (un-cloud connected) puny PC's... If you combine your alien threat, think of it as the Borg assimilating us into the cloud. Once we are 51% machine, we're done. Man Very HappyRobot Very Happy

Message 69 of 78
kstate92

I'm a little more afraid of IT guys and bean counters saying to each other: "Dumb terminals: what's not to love?!"

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 70 of 78
sumayo

"Skynet became self aware"

Can it read your thoughts? Might have to get myself a Tin Foil hat.

So I wonder how I can find out the cost of Inventor subscription over there...? Anyone...?

SolidWorks 2016
Message 71 of 78
scottmoyse

somebody has already said $1300 US

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 72 of 78
DarrenP

unless your talking about just Inventor without autocad/mechanical

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 73 of 78
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

thats about $700 USD

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 74 of 78
sumayo
in reply to: DarrenP

$1300.... $700..... USD.......??????

Fair Dinkum, we are getting ripped off..

Anyone know if I can subscribe in the US?

SolidWorks 2016
Message 75 of 78
scottmoyse

I think Darren P is saying the Product Design Suite Premium Subs are ~$1300 USD

& Inventor by itself Subs are ~$700 USD

I think you have 3 different resellers in Oz so your subs pricing should be quite competitive. Have you shopped around locally? AEC systems has only started up in NZ in the last 12 or so months, prior to that CADPro were the only contenders for Inventor based stuff at least.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 76 of 78
sumayo

"I think Darren P is saying the Product Design Suite Premium Subs are ~$1300 USD & Inventor by itself Subs are ~$700 USD"

Yes, that's how I'm  reading it....

So in AUD that's $1223.61 & $658.91, and they charge $1850 plus GST.... not a bad profit margine, money for nothing....

SolidWorks 2016
Message 77 of 78
phil-mcam

Sumayo,

I take it you've never seen Terminator. It's that movie where robots try to kill of humanity, and they happen look a bit like this fellow: Robot Mad

Message 78 of 78
scottmoyse

not sure if you know but they update the pricing on a monthly basis. Thats from autodesk's end. I assume you are basing that on current exchange rates. The aussie & NZ $ are going up at the same time as the USD going through the floor. Different resellers also offer different services, for example there is a $600 difference between the two companies here but I know they offer different services, I have yet to get to the bottom of what the differences are exactly and how they would affect us.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums