Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've Been Upgraded to Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate!

77 REPLIES 77
Message 1 of 78
jeanchile
1732 Views, 77 Replies

You've Been Upgraded to Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate!

Thank you for that I guess...  provided my subscription amount doesn't go up because of this.

It doesn't... does it AD!?!?!?

Inventor Professional
77 REPLIES 77
Message 41 of 78
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

the problem with doing that would be your renewal cost for Inventor Pro and Mechanical separately would be more then the suites renewal costs by a few hundred bucks

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 42 of 78
Anonymous
in reply to: jeanchile

Cost of subscription: about a thousand dollars a year. Give or take the price of a cheeseburger.

What else costs this much to your company?

Toilet paper per year?

Coffee per year?

The gardener?

The Christmas party?

New tools for your Amada press?

Which of these things can actually become more valuable as you use it? Only CAD software. Unless you are determined to use the same old work flows and 10% of the functionality.

Why are engineering tools so hard to justify in a multi-million dollar revenue environment? If the coffee service went up $100 a year there would not be 5 pages and 40 something replies to a forum post complaining about it.

Besides, it's not like Autodesk will come collect their software if you stop paying. And you won't stop paying because you know it's a hell of a deal to pay subscription year over year instead of upgrading on a 3-5 year plan, or you wouldn't be reading this. I suggest you figure out how to get the most out of your suite. I did. I increased my value and grew my brain along the way, and paid it back in spades to my boss who gladly wrote the subscription check, year after year. It was one of his "small" expenses. The key is, it requires YOU to bootstrap and get on with it. Ahem.

Message 43 of 78
kstate92
in reply to: Anonymous

Two phrases come to mind: 'No Money Down' and 'Balloon Payment'.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 44 of 78
kstate92
in reply to: mcgyvr

Akin to the Cable TV folks touting new channels! (that you have no interest in) to cushion the blow of the price increase in the next couple of months.  Though to be slightly charitable, most of the increases are inevitably due to greedy Sports Networks / Leagues / Owners / Players.

KState92
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 45 of 78
pkenewell6347
in reply to: mcgyvr

Ah but the fly in your ointment, is the fact that the packages are not the same. FOR EXAMPLE: I was using Inventor Routed Systems. It appears that they are discontinuing the ability to purchase that package separate from Inventor professional, so now I am forced to get the upgraded suite in order to get my cable and harness, and tub and pipe capability. So - it's not so straight forward. Smiley Mad

Message 46 of 78
scottmoyse

I have it in writing the subs won't go up next year, from two seperate resellers. Maybe your reseller has put it up $100 to help cover their costs for supporting several extra pieces of software, since they are the ones really getting ripped off here. Great for us though, nice to see the end user isn't the one getting shafted as capitalism dictates.... To be clear I'm not a reseller and i think a $100 rise would be fair as long as there is an opt out for the suites which it appears there is.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 47 of 78
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: scottmoyse

Just to clarify.... at least in the USA (current pricing)

Product Design Suite Premium (old Inventor Suite) no change in subscription price for renewals or new.

Product Design Suite Ultimate (old Inventor Professional Suite) no change in subscription price for renewals or new.

Product Design Suite Ultimate (old Inventor Routed Sytems Suite) + $100 change in subscription price for renewals or new.

Product Design Suite Ultimate (old Inventor Simulation Suite) + $100 change in subscription price for renewals or new.

Product Design Suite Ultimate (old Inventor Tooling Suite) + $100 change in subscription price for renewals or new.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 48 of 78
kstate92
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

And which (if any) of the new ones include AutoCAD Mechanical?

KState92
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 49 of 78
DarrenP
in reply to: kstate92

all the product design suites include mechanical

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 50 of 78
scottmoyse
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

yes good point, sorry about that, i should have stipulated we are on the Product design suite. That clearly shows the state of affairs cheers Dennis

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 51 of 78
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

"nice to see the end user isn't the one getting shafted as capitalism dictates"

Capitalism dictates that if you are "shafted" you take your money elsewhere. The opposite of capitalism is a world where you have no choice in the matter.

Remind me, when was the last price increase for subscription?

Message 52 of 78
scottmoyse

In the ideal of capitalism you are right. The reality of it can be quite different. 

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 53 of 78
kstate92

"From each wallet according to its contents to each vault according to its size."

KState92
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 54 of 78
Anonymous
in reply to: kstate92

Have you considered paper drafting? It costs $2 at Dollar Tree. Takes a little longer but the price will always be the same for a pad of paper and a pencil, and the training is pretty quick.

Message 55 of 78
scottmoyse

do you have a calm switch? Its one thing having a bee in your bonnet about an issue, but quite another constantly having a bee in your bonnet, you will end up giving yourself a heart attack.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 56 of 78
kstate92

I forgot this bit: Smiley Wink

KState92
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 57 of 78
Anonymous
in reply to: jeanchile

I don't want it/need it.... just make the basic package super fast and super reliable and I will be happy.

Message 58 of 78
Anonymous
in reply to: scottmoyse

Sorry, yes, you got me. A bee is in my bonnet sitting on my calm switch. Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 78
Anonymous

@sumayo wrote:

I don't want it/need it.... just make the basic package super fast and super reliable and I will be happy.

agree 100%

Message 60 of 78
jeanchile

I also agree with sumayo and Bmiller on this but I also would like to add the following:

I started this thread as an attempt to garner information I wasn't able to obtain otherwise in order to forecast expenses. I had no idea what the added software would do to my subscription pricing over the next five years. My original question can be summed up as this: one program (Inventor Pro) equals $1300 USD per seat, now that I have been given seven other programs, is it going to be $9100 USD? I was able to obtain the information I needed here thanks to people's help, and we have recently been given a quote from our reseller that has a discount for a multiple year subscription on it making it very reasonable. I am excited to learn the new tools that we have been given and see if it is anything we can use or implement at a later date although I don't think they will add much value to our offices right now.

I didn't intend for this to turn into a "why AD sucks post" but now that it has... AD will you please just fix all the known bugs and issues with IV next release... please?

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report