Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've Been Upgraded to Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate!

77 REPLIES 77
Message 1 of 78
jeanchile
1694 Views, 77 Replies

You've Been Upgraded to Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate!

Thank you for that I guess...  provided my subscription amount doesn't go up because of this.

It doesn't... does it AD!?!?!?

Inventor Professional
77 REPLIES 77
Message 21 of 78
BMiller63
in reply to: jeanchile

@jeanchile wrote:

....but I don't feel I should have to "gamble" with my software subscriptions.

Exactly, this makes running a department/business very difficult and risky.

Message 22 of 78
DarrenP
in reply to: BMiller63

i agree hopefully your reseller has an email trail or something signed by someone at autodesk that says they won't charge for it because they usually do charge for downgrades

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 78
jeanchile

Thank you for understanding my point Bmiller.

My team and I write business plans every year and they are forecasted for five. I own a professional service corporation and that means other than my employee compensation and health insurance my biggest expenditures are computer & software related. What should my forecasted numbers be? I think it's fabulous that AD has added 27 new software programs to my suite for free now. What should my expenses look like in 2016? I would love to see my CEO's face when I walk in with my portion of the plan and it's backed up by the information in this thread Smiley Wink.

Inventor Professional
Message 24 of 78
BMiller63

@jeanchile wrote:

My team and I write business plans every year and they are forecasted for five...

And the fact that so many people don't do that is why so many engineering depts have to ask their IT and accounting depts for permission to do everything. Too many people fail to create and operate by a budget.

I think the suites are a great deal as well, but only IF they don't end up costing more than the ROI at some future point. If the suite upgrade costs an extra $500 a year, but using the tools saves me $501 worth of man hours on the next project, then I'm in the black. Good deal for me. But in order to calculate the ROI I must know what things cost, and what fees I might encounter.

Everybody should demand these things in writing, just as good business practice, rather than just signing on the dotted line without knowing what they are agreeing to.

Message 25 of 78
mcgyvr

I have sent the following questions off to my VAR. I will post as soon as they email me back..

#1-Will there be a charge (downgrade fee of sorts) to opt out of the suites?

According to the last email I got from Autodesk about being upgraded to the Ultimate Suite… “You will not be charged for this upgrade during your current Subscription term.”

#2-Has Autodesk given any information on the cost of subscription when the current subscription term (which I assume is yearly) is up?

#3-If I decide to opt out of the suites what will it cost me to keep Autodesk Inventor Professional and Autocad Mechanical on subscription like I do today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 26 of 78
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: mcgyvr

I, like everyone else, am not sure what the future holds. It is my understanding that the Inventor Suites are no more. You can still purchase Inventor/Inventor Pro without AutoCAD Mechanical but not bundled. So my guess is that if you only need/want Inventor/AutoCAD you will have to opt out of the new Design suite, leaving you with only Inventor, and then purchase AutoCAD next release cycle. Man Surprised

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 27 of 78
jeanchile

Thank you immensely mcgyvr. I am eager to hear what they have to say.

Inventor Professional
Message 28 of 78

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate is now available for Subscription Customers

Message 29 of 78
BMiller63

@mcgyvr wrote:

I have sent the following questions off to my VAR. I will post as soon as they email me back...

Thanks mcgyvr!

Message 30 of 78
hoser_71

Try talking to your VAR and bargain for a longer subscription contract.  We negotiated a 3 year subscription contract to lock in the rate.  We were also able to get a discount and some free services as well. 

Message 31 of 78
jeanchile
in reply to: hoser_71

@hoser_71 wrote:

Try talking to your VAR...

You lost me at "talking to your VAR"....Smiley Tongue

That is a great idea I didn't even know was possible. The only draw back is that I need to actually talk to my reseller at some point. I am still waiting to hear back on the iLogic training I inquired about on 1/28/2011, and the Custom CC training I inquired about on 1/7/11 (don't need this one anymore thanks to Paul Doublet). Haven't heard one thing. Oh AD reseller... why are you making it so hard to spend my money with you? You would think in this economy people would be fighting for my hard earned dollars but because of AD's bullcrap reseller program I am stuck with this shazz-ola. Nice.

Inventor Professional
Message 32 of 78
mflayler2

Maybe you are not talking to the right office of your VAR 😉

mflayleratranddotcom

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 33 of 78
mcgyvr
in reply to: mflayler2

Well I heard from my VAR.. They have no idea whats going on with pricing/subscription increases/opt out penalties,etc..

Seems Autodesk is keeping this information a secret (or it hasn't been decided yet).. I suspect that in the next few weeks this information will start to be given out..(probably right after the official Autodesk webcasts,etc..) But for right now just hold on/relax and don't assume anything.

The only thing that is known is that those of us on subscription are getting upgraded to these suites with no increase in subscription costs for this current term.. What happens after that is a mystery for now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 34 of 78
BMiller63

@mcgyvr wrote:
But for right now just hold on/relax and don't assume anything.

Thanks again for checking.

AD does some strange things sometimes and it seems like they just make it up along the way, but I suspect (dare I say assume) they know exactly what they're doing. Smiley Wink

How many people have already agreed to take the free upgrade without knowing what they're agreeing to in the long run? If everyone balked, we'd see another announcement with pricing and details. But I'm guessing most people will jump at the opportunity to get a "free" upgrade and take it with out knowing long term details. Then AD will release the full terms. It's an "Excellent!" move on their part. Smiley Very Happy

excellent.jpg

The head of Autodesk Marketing?

"hold on" is good advice.

"don't assume anything" is good advice too.

and I'll add again: "get it in writing" as further advice.

Message 35 of 78
tmartin

The notice I got had this:

You will not be charged for this upgrade during your current Subscription term.

When your current Subscription contract comes up for renewal, you will have the option to renew your Subscription to Product Design Suite Ultimate for a fee increase of $100 per seat per year.

I don't think that's bad at all.  Now if I could just figure out how to facilitate this "automatic" upgrade.  Logging into my sub doesn't even offer me inventor 2012 🙂

Edited to add that my old sub is not just basic inventor so my cost may have started out higher than some.  Your milage may vary.

Message 36 of 78
BMiller63

@mcgyvr wrote:

Well I heard from my VAR.. They have no idea whats going on with pricing/subscription increases/opt out penalties,etc  ... But for right now just hold on/relax ...

Any update on this? Surely by now this has been figured out.

Message 37 of 78
mflayler2

Current Sub prices won't go up, the next time you renew though it will be 100 bucks higher.  You can opt out if you don't want the Suite.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 38 of 78
DarrenP

for the Autocad Mechanical opt out of Suite here is the link to decline the suite offer: http://autodesk.adskintdev.cs3.force.com/ExternalWebForm/P1234_OptOutMigrationAutoCADMechanical

you have till July 29th 2011

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 39 of 78
BMiller63

@mflayler2 wrote:

Current Sub prices won't go up, the next time you renew though it will be 100 bucks higher.  You can opt out if you don't want the Suite.

That seems reasonable.

I assume 100 bucks is in USD, are the pricings listed somewhere for other countries?

Darren, are there other links like that, for other products? or is that a link provided one on one to each customer per their situation?

Message 40 of 78
DarrenP

do you mean for the  Inventor Suites?

then no i don't think you can opt out of the Product Design Suite Premium or Ultimate suites

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report